Chapter Twenty-Four

24. The Triangle

Levi

Watching Vic and Mason beat the shit out of each other was terrifying but more or less for Mason. Vic's fist pounded into Mason's face and I couldn't watch anymore. I did the best I could to get Vic off of Mason so that he wouldn't kill him. I pushed Vic and stood over Mason who's face was covered in blood. I helped him off the floor and out of the apartment building and into the car.

***

I helped Mason into my apartment before putting him on the couch and going into the bathroom grabbing the first aid kit. I went back over to him and started to clean off some of the blood off his face. The whole room was quiet because if I would've said something then there would have been hurtful things said.

"That was stupid you know that?" I said.

"Yea. But at did you want me to do?" Mason asked. "He was going to hurt you."

"He wasn't going to hurt me. It looked like he was but would never because he's still in love with me." I explained.

"No man wouldn't." Mason said.

I stopped and looked at Mason. "What does that mean?"

"Look, Levi I know we're supposed to be friends, but I can't help but feel for you. I love you... I'm in love with you and I won't let anything happen to you." Mason said. 

I didn't know what to say. If what Mason was saying true then he broke our promise and I told him from the jump that I didn't want to be in a relationship right now, not after what happened with August. I cleaned up the dirty tissues and cotton balls before going into the kitchen and throwing them away. I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice that Mason left.

What the hell was I gonna do?

-Later That Night-

August

I didn't know what I was doing here, but I know why I was here. It had been a while since we've spoken and seeing her the other day made me think. It was time for me to go man up and own up to the shit I've put her though. I at least have to say goodbye before I go back home.

I stood at the front door nervous not knowing what I was going to say. But before even thinking about it, I had already knocked on the door. Within a few minutes, Levi came and answered the door. She was wearing a tank top and boy shorts which complimented her body. I was speechless and couldn't believe my eyes.

"August... what, uh, what are you doing here?" Levi asked.

"I, uh I came to talk to you." I said. "Can I come in?"

"Uh sure." Levi said before moving to the side. "Come in."

I walked into her apartment and saw that something was different. I couldn't put my finger on it but I just knew that something was different. I walked over to the couch and sat on it. Levi came over to join me. She put the tv on mute before turning to me to listen to what I had to say.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Levi asked.

"Uh..." I cleared my throat. "I know we didn't talk after what happened, after what I did to you..."

"August I said that I forgive you. You don't have to say anything else." Levi said.

"No but I do. If I didn't say it then it would hang it over my head." I said. "Levi I'm sorry that I lied to you. I'm sorry that I caused you so much from when we were kids and now. I didn't mean to do this to you."

"The old me would've been angry and would probably kick your ass. I know it took balls to come here and say sorry about a lot of things and believe me there's a lot, but I forgive you." Levi said.

I exhaled feeling relieved. I looked over at Levi and just smiled. It was good to see her after so much time. We looked into each other's eyes for a long time without even knowing it, before we spoke again.

"Why are you telling me this now after all this time?" Levi asked.

"Because..." I didn't know if telling her was a good idea. But I didn't want to lie to her either after everything. "I'm going back to LA in a few days. I wanted to come here to make things right before I leave."

"When you say leave, is it temporary or forever?" Levi asked.

"I mean I have no other reason to stay." I looked Levi in the eyes. "Is there a reason for me to stay?"

Levi nodded her head. "No."

"That's what I thought." I said.

There was an awkward silence between us for a couple of seconds before I looked at the time on my phone and realized it was getting late. I gave Levi a kiss on the forehead before leaving her apartment. I knew if I stayed there any longer, there was no way I was going to leave.

*SORRY GUYS THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN UPLOADING ANY CHAPTERS FOR THIS STORY OR SNY OTHER STORY. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO CONTINUE MY STORIES. IVE BEEN DEALING WITH MASSIVE WRITERS BLOCK. I DIDN'T FORGET YOU GUYS ITS JUST BEEN HARD.*