Chapter Seven

7. Krazy Kayla vs. Bad Bitch Levi

August

YEARS AGO: BACK IN SENIOR YEAR

I was high as a motherfucking kite and was having the best time of my life. We had won the championships and what would be the best option than to party with the whole school and the team. I stepped away from Ace and Kirk to go in the kitchen to grab me another drink. When I entered the kitchen, I found some girl in there crying and drinking. Crying and drinking is not a good combination.

"Hey." I said.

She looked up at me.

"What's a pretty sexy girl like you doing in here all by herself?" I asked.

"I don't know you tell me." She said looking up at me.

I smiled knowing where this was going and there was no need to say anything else after that. This was my night and shit I was going to get whatever I wanted.

~

I woke up this morning feeling things that didn't need to be there. I opened my eyes and found Kayla lying next to me. I jumped up wondering what the hell was going on. When I could get my thoughts straight, I realized that she was wearing lingerie. I knew where this was going and I didn't have time for it.

"Kayla what are you doing?" I asked.

"Giving you what you want." Kayla said.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

Kayla smiled and crawled over to the other edge of the bed. "August I know you've been thinking about me. I know you've been dreading to wanna fuck me like we used to do in high school. I know that deep down you still love me."

I scoffed. "You're kidding right."

"No." Kayla said. "Look August, I didn't come back here just to see Kirk. I came back to see if this... what's between us will work out again. I miss you so much." Kayla said.

"Well I don't love you. At least not anymore." I said.

Kayla said nothing else and just left my room. I didn't want to stay there anymore, so I grabbed my jacket and left. I didn't know where I was going, but I had to get away from here.

Kayla

I tried to do my best to try and change his mind, but he rejected me. He rejected me. He fucking rejected me! I have never been the one to feel unwanted. I guess August is playing hard to get and I will have him back before I go back to East LA tonight. After seeing August leave, I was left in his bed and I just laid there. Why wouldn't he just notice me?

"Kayla?'

I popped up to see Kirk in the doorway and admiring what I was wearing. If only August looked at me the way, Kirk was looking at me right now. Everything would be ok.

"What are you doing?" Kirk asked.

"Why won't he notice me?" I complained.

"What?" Kirk questioned.

"August.'' I said. "Why won't he notice me? I thought coming here would be the best thing, but it looks like it was a waste of time."

Kirk laughed. "You really love that nigga huh?"

I nodded.

"Well trust me he ain't ignoring you intentionally." Kirk said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.