Chapter Eighteen

18. Piece of Me

August

After talking to Levi the other day, I knew and felt that deep down she still feels something for me. All that hatred and anger, she thinks she feels is just an overreaction. I know what I did was wrong, but Levi has to understand that everything that I did. Everything that I done was because I loved her and wanted to protect her. But I guess what I ended up doing was hurting her more.

I woke up this morning with an alarm annoying the hell outta me. I pressed the button on my phone and got out of bed. For the first time, I didn't know how I was going to start my day. I didn't have to work, I didn't have to hang out with Ace and Kirk, and I didn't have to see Levi for obvious reasons. I had nothing to do which is boring as fuck. I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone ranged. I looked at the caller ID and seen it was K. I haven't spoken to her since Levi's birthday.

"Yea." I answered.

"August..." K sobbed.

"K, what's wrong? You ight?" I asked concerned.

"No. My boyfriend broke up with me and I just need someone to talk to right now. Can you come over?"  K said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Sure. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thanks Auggie." K said.

I hung up the phone and jumped into the shower. I couldn't say no to K because she really doesn't have that many friends. I grew up with K and her emotions towards other bitches are unlimited. She can't trust them. She can't be around them. Cause all girls do is talk shit and be about shit that means nothing. At least the untrustworthy ones. After I got out of the shower, I put on my grey sweatpants, a white t-shirt, the matching grey sweater, and a pair of Adidas sneakers. I grabbed my keys and phone and headed out the door.

Kia

After what happened the other day with Levi, I think that the plan failed. Levi and I didn't have the lunch we were suppose to have which sucked because there were so,etchings I wanted to say. But I'm glad today we were gonna get the chance to talk. Levi needs to know that whatever she's doing is going to make her go back. Back down that path. I got to Levi's apartment and I knocked on the door. Within a few seconds, Levi opened the door. She let me in and headed into the kitchen. I followed behind her and she was cooking or rather making our favorite sandwiches. Mine is Swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce, mayo, and sliced chicken. Levi's is provolone and mozzarella cheese, tomato, pesto, and sliced chicken.

"What's all this Levi?" I asked.

"Just a little something for my best friend in the whole world." Levi chopped the tomato.

"So I guess everything's alright then?" I asked.

"Yea. Why wouldn't there be?" Levi said.

"You know the whole August thing." I said. "I mean we haven't talked since your birthday and I just wanted to make sure you are ok."

"August means nothing to me. He betrayed my trust and took a piece of me that I will never get back." Levi stated.

"I'm sorry about that, but yesterday it seemed like he's really trying to make amends for what he did." I explained.

"I don't care Kia. He fucked up everything his own self. He had a chance and he ruined it." Levi said.

"Levi, you need to make amends with August. I know it sounds weird but, it's not a bad idea." I suggested.

Levi gave me a dirty look. "Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?"

"Look I'm only saying this because you can't hold onto grudges and you might do something you'll regret." I said.