Chapter Thirteen

13. The Good, the Bad, and the Secrets

( Part Two: The Bad )

Kia

"We need to talk." Kayla said.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "What do we need to talk about?"

"Its about Levi." Kayla said.

I scoffed ignoring her comment and attended to the next customer. "Haven't you done enough damage? All throughout high school, you've teased and bullied her and who has to pick up the pieces... me. You need to leave her alone Kayla."

"I ain't gotta do shit. I'm a grown ass woman and I could do what I fucking please. But what I'm about to tell you is saving Levi from heartbreak." Kayla said.

"Since when do you care about Levi?" I questioned Kayla as I handed off the drink to the customer.

"I don't I care about me. I just don't want August to be happy." Kayla said.

"Oh so this is about revenge?" I asked.

Kayla nodded.

I rolled my eyes and couldn't believe that I was about to listen to Satan's mistress. I stopped what I was doing, and listened what she had to say. She was telling me all this stuff about August and his friends. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and although I know Kayla is a lying and sneaky snake, there could be no possible way she could lie about this. There could be no way that she would make something like this up. Levi would freak the fuck out if she heard something like this. But being the good friend that I am, I have to tell her.

August

The Next Morning

10:45 am

It had taken me a couple of minutes to get my speech prepared to try and tell Levi what's going on. I went over it in my head one more time before knocking on the door. I took two deep breaths hoping that this was going to well.

"August?" I turned around to see Kia.

"Kia? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to talk to Levi. Which is something that I think that you were going to do." Kia said.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"I know August and let me tell you something do not tell Levi." Kia said.

"What? Why not? I have to tell her." I said.

"I know Levi and trust me when you tell her, she'll never trust anyone ever again. I know this is strange coming from me, but telling her will ruin everything for her." Kia explained.

"I can't keep this from her Kia. I gotta tell her." I said.

"Believe me when I say this, telling her will only put het in an emotional cycle. I've been there helping her and I don't need it to happen again. Besides it will devastate her if she gets hurt by the same person twice." Kia said.

I sighed thinking about Kia was saying. I wanted to tell her and then not tell her. But if Kia is right and not telling her spares her from pain then I guess I gotta keep it a secret. This is just one lie after another.

"Ok Kia." I said.

"Good." Kia said exhaling.

"Thanks." I said.

Kia raised her eyebrows. "I didn't do this for you. I did this for Levi ok. She is my best friend and I wll be damned if I let anyone hurt her like you did. I mean I should kick your ass for doing something like that to her. What the fuck were you thinking?"

I nodded. "I know. But it's not what you think."

"Oh really?" Kia crossed her arms. "What is it like?"

I didn't know how to answer that. I mean I didn't even know why I accepted this bet in the first place. Why would I do this? I looked over at Kia who was still awaiting my answer and I couldn't give her one.

"I don't know." I said.

"Yea that's what I thought." Kia said. "Now get out of here."

I nodded before walking down the hallway. I looked back at Kia who had knocked on the door. She took a quick glance at me before going inside of Levi's apartment. I continued to walk down the hallway until I got outside. When I got outside, I exhaled and felt my heart beating like crazy. When I was finally able to get myself together, my phone buzzed. I took my phone out my pocket and seen that there was a text message.

Meet me @ Panera in 1 hr. --Kayla ( 11:05 am )

I rolled my eyes and couldn't believe that thia psycho was back in New York. What the hell did she want? She has caused so much trouble for me, what could she want from me now?

***

I arrived at Panera and went to the table that Kayla was sitting at. I sat down in front of her as she drunk her coffee or whatever. She smiled when she seen me which only madr me want to get this over with faster.

"Glad you could come." Kayla said.

"Yea I didn't really have a choice." I said. "What do you want?"

"What do I want? August you know what I want." Kayla said.

"Kay, we're not getting back together." I said.

"Why not?" Kayla said.

"I'm in love with someone else." I said.

"Really? With who?" Kayla said. "It couldn't be with Levi."

I crossed my arms. "That's not of your business."

"Well I'm pretty sure if you loved her so much then you would've told her about the bet." Kayla said.

"What did you say?" I questioned.

"I know about the bet and let me just say... its a terrible way to show a girl you love her." Kayla said.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

Kayla smiled. "I want you to know how it feels when everything you love is taken away from you. You dumped me for some piece of trash who doesn't know you like I do."

"Your kidding me right? You cheated on me and I got tired of your bullshit." I explained.

"You and I both know that's bullshit and you know that. We broke up cause you caught feelings for that bitch." Kayla said.

"Watch your mouth." I demanded. "You will stay away from me and Levi. And I promise you if you ever come close to me or Levi, I'll fucking kill you."

After that, I got up from the table and left Kayla there. I didn't think that Kayla would be so possessive. I knew she would do anything to make sure that things explode in my face. But the only thing that made me wonder was how did Kayla figure out what happened between Kirk, Ace, and I.

Kayla

The funny thing about this situation is that I didn't really care. August thinks that this is over. It's not over by a long shot. I'll be damned if I let August be able to happy after all he's done. Levi has a hurricane coming towards her thinking that she can steal my man. I will get him back no matter the shit I gotta do.