[45]

Cameron's POV

"We can't tell them anything" Lexie says out of the blue from the passenger side seat of her car.

"What?"

"The principle" she replies, "we can't tell her that we got locked in the school."

"Why?" I ask confused, "don't you want her to get in trouble for accidentally locking us inside?"

"Nope" she pops the 'p', "because then it'll be turned into a bigger deal then it needs to be."

"Makes sense" I nod, turning onto the street of the address she gave me. "We're here."

"Great" she replies sarcastically.

I laugh, quickly pulling into the outside garage and parking the car. "I don't think it'll be too bad."

"It won't" she groans, "they'll just ask a lot of questions."

"And..?" I ask, climbing out of the car. I wait for her to climb out as well before locking it and tossing her the keys.

"And it'll be annoying" she pouts, as she starts to walk up the path to the house. I follow, looking around me.

Compared to my house hers is significantly larger, but the grounds are smaller. It has three stories, and the outside is painted white just like all the others on the street.

It's one of those neighborhoods. No wonder Lexie 'moved out'.

Compared to my house's straight roof hers is pointed, so I'm assuming that it has an attic. If it has an attic, then it probably also has a basement which is cool. I've always wanted one to turn into a den or something.

"What are you doing?" Lexie questions from in front of the door.

"Just looking" I answer, quickly joining her by the door. "I've never been here before."

"That's a good thing" she nods, knocking on the door. "It means that you aren't some creepy stalker who's followed me home and knows where I live."

"True" I nod.

"But then again" she adds, "You did know where the apartment was without me telling you but I'm just going to chock it up as you being obsessed with me."

I'm about to respond when the door quickly swings open, almost smacking me in the face. I manage to grab the edge of the door however, stopping it.

"Why the hell does the door swing open this way?" I groan, "I almost just died."

"I'm so sorry" the lady who opened the door exclaims in shock, "I had no idea you were that close to the door dear!"

"It's fine" I give her a small smile.

Without even knowing the lady I can automatically tell that she's Lexie's mom. The resemblance is uncanny, from the hair to the eyes. They have the same frown as well, which kind of freaks me out a little. It's like looking at what Lexie's going to look like in the future.

"You must be Cameron!" She exclaims, grabbing me and pulling into a hug.

I freeze for a moment in surprise before clapping her back awkwardly. "Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine!" She grins, pulling away before looking at Lexie and narrowing her eyes. "What do you have to say for yourself young lady?"