CHAPTER ONE: Someone who Knows "Sakura"!

CHAPTER ONE:

 SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SAKURA

"Mom, I’m home,” I informed upon entering our house.

“Oh, Nao, guess what?” she happily puzzled me, waving the few pieces of opened envelope she’s holding, walking across the living room from the stairs.

“Uh—is Sakura doing another exhibit again?" I answered.

"Yes,” she merrily replied, “Looks like another big sponsor has taken interest in her works.”

Unlike others, Sakura doesn't need to go to different companies to sponsor her; it’s the companies that look for her. There are even famous magazine editors who flock just to get through her, but nothing.

Everyone is faced by her substitute; a brunette haired petite young lady with almond-shaped golden eyes and doll-like facial features.

In my curiosity and love for her, I even asked my parents to arrange me an appointment to see her. But just like what everybody’s been told, there is only the substitute and no real Sakura.

"When will it be?" I interestingly inquired.

"It's on the twenty-eighth day of the next month, at the Tchaikovsky Hall," my mother answered while sorting out the papers for the decorators of the hall to take notice. By the way, my mom is a designer and my father is a company president – not that I'm bragging or anything—just saying.

So it's next month huh...

Hm, better check my class schedule for next month. Don’t want to miss that day!

It's been a month since Sakura last exhibited and looking at the letter my mom left on the coffee table, this exhibit's theme is "Lost in Time". I wonder what the pictures would turn out this time. When I think about it, I'm reminded of old watches and wrecked things or maybe a time capsule made by some children before.

"Lost in Time..." I repeated as I lay down on the couch in my room.

Today has been a rough week for me.

I was voted as the class representative last month, on the first day of classes, because I was one last year. They said, the class representative should be someone with leading experience and everybody just turned around and looked at me. It’s not a very ideal class role – I tell you – with all the responsibilities and stuffs.

The next day after having breakfast I bid my mother and father then went straight into the car after picking up my bag I placed at the mini bar counter table, near the door. Being the class representative sure is taking its toll on me.

I have to show everybody that I’m responsible enough to handle the position, that’s why I always leave early. Can’t afford to be tardy – I don’t want to be nicknamed the ‘Tardy Representative’.

Inside the car, I couldn’t think of anything aside from Sakura’s exhibit next month. I hope she shows herself by then.

"Class Rep!" Aimi Luvian called me the moment I stepped out of the car.

Her straight black hair and porcelain skin matched with her long-lashed chocolate brown eyes are the talk of the school. You could say she's also an idol of the school.

"I heard Sakura's having her exhibit again," she also belongs to the Art Club and we've been together ever since middle school. Not ‘together’ together, just ‘friends’ together kind of thing.

"Ah yes, she will... On the twenty-eighth next month at our Tchaikovsky Hall," I answered her with a smug look on my face like I'm some VIP.

Well, I could say I am somewhat a VIP since my family owns the venue and all.