CHAPTER SEVEN: I'm having my doubts about this!

CHAPTER 7:

I’M HAVING MY DOUBTS ABOUT THIS!

                “I think I’m good, plus my battery’s about to run out, how about you two?” Toph asked the two girls who seemed satisfied too.

                “I’m good,” Honoka answered, folding her tripod and putting it back in her bag.

                “I’m not satisfied,” all eyes were on Saki, “I’m really not good with new equipment, so, I think this’ll do.”

                “NOT SATISFIED??!” I rampaged on my mind. She’s not satisfied with THOSE photos? I almost cried, for goodness sake! What the hell is wrong with this woman?! Is she mocking all the photographers all over the world?

                Wait, mocking…

Just like Toph’s impression on Sakura.

                Toph once told me that Sakura’s retirement would be an immense relief to all the young photographers out there since they’ll be having a chance to grab the Best Junior Photographer Award and other accolades that are meant for young photographers. For three years, she’s been hauling the junior prizes for herself with only her substitute standing in for her, that’s why some of the young participants have already lost interest.

                But since her photos are remarkably great, everyone started to take notice of her.

                “Come on, Nao. Toph and the two girls have already gone down,” Jae alerted me.

                “Ah, yeah…” I’m thinking too much about this, I have to snap out of it! Sakura is Sakura; Saki is Saki.

                After just minutes, we’ve finally arrived at the central cabin. It’s bigger than the main cabin and more spacious. Upon entering we were greeted by the staffs that also showed us to our room.

                “Wow, so cool!” Jae exclaimed; even I’m impressed.

                Our room was as bare as a newly shaved head. It can perfectly fit the three of us. It’s about half a meter above the floor and has three steps. The room only has three thick comforters to lie on; three blankets with two pillows each person. Since the central cabin is located in the highest platform around, the floor was heated because it can be really cold late at night and in the morning. A thick pleated beige curtain serves as our door; there are also two lamps in the room, one on the left wall and the other on the right. Since the room is small it’s enough to illuminate the space.

                “I wonder what’s for dinner tonight!” Jae wondered as he lay down on the floor.

                “You’ll catch a cold if you don’t lie on your comforter,” I warned him since he can be very carefree at times.

                “Men’s baths are outside, right? We should head there, it might be packed later,” Toph stood up with his towel and a change of clothes in his shoulders.

                “Yup. You go first, we’ll be right behind. I just have to get my change of clothes,” I answered and Toph just nodded and went out first.

                The women’s bath’s inside the cabin. Only the men need to go out just to take a bath; equality is obviously not around in this place.

                “Dinner will be ready in an hour,” the P.A system installed in the whole cabin announced.

                “Must be the chef, or the manager of the cabin,” I thought.