CHAPTER 2 "DINNER & PERSISTENCE"

"Thanks for the ride." i said softly getting out of Ross's car. i had endured two  hours of his annoying voice, ringing constantly in my ear just because we had to turn around for gas and he had to make a stop at the grocery store,me not coming out of the car for non out of the two stops. he would not shut up the whole way here. "what? no goodbye kiss?" he asked pushing out his lips as he leaned over.i would literally stretch his lips and tie it together. the sound of A door opening and closing interrupted me turning around i saw my Step mom making her way up to us. oh god this cannot be good. 

"Laura sweetie, oh finally you're home, and you brought A friend,oh A handsome one too." she said looking into the car smiling with Ross as he grinned back at her. that ass was cocky.

"Good evening Mrs Marano I'm Ross." he said grinning as he shock hands with  her. i could already tell he was working his charm on her.

"Hello Ross, nice to meet you, i'm Carla Laura's step mother, are you Laura's friend I've never seen you before." she said glancing back and fort between me and Ross for an answer.

"Yes."

"No." Ross and i had answered at the same time. when looked at each other i glared at him as he smirked at me.

"He just gave me A ride home, that's it." i said i stared at the ground ready to turn and go into the house.

"Oh wow that''s so sweet of you would you like to stay for dinner?" she asked i could tell she was already excited, Ross was the first boy she had ever seen me with.and this was her last time seeing him,so she better cherished it.

"Yes please."

"No" we answered again at the same time, we looked at each other he grinning i with an annoyed expression on my face.

"It's 2016 Carla you don't just invite random strangers into your house anymore, you never know he could be a serial killer wanted in 15 different countries." i said trying to make her change her mind which only made them laugh. Ross looking at me sweetly.

what the hell did this dude want.

"Well as fun as that sounds no i'm not a serial killer, and besides Laura protest i would really love to stay for dinner, both my parents are out of town and my big sister cooks terribly and like to order in, i'm sick of that,so i'd really love some fresh home made food.And i'm pretty sure you cook lovely Mrs. Marano." he said smiling at her. he was taller than her,well both of us so he basically have to look down at us.

"Lovely, come on inside." she said already on her way Ross locking his vehicle and following inside.

I hated this dude

>>>>>

15 minutes later we were all seated at the table

"Here you go sweet heart  fresh home made lasagna for you."Carla said,placing a huge plate in front of Ross. He smiled down at it and grinned up at me wiggling his eyebrows

How could he be 18?

he smile slowly wiped off his face as he saw what was in my plate

5 green peas,5 shrimps,a pumpkin side,broccoli and a palm full of vegetable rice.

his face transformed into A scowl as he looked up at me and down at my plate again.

my dads chuckle made the both of us looked at him as Carla took her sit.

"don't worry, she's gonna be okay Laura's on a strict diet." he said, saw ross turned to watch me again A sympathetic look on his face.

"awww don't worry about it, she gonna be fine, she's been on it for 3 months now." Carla said chuckling a little bit at Ross reaction, he looked like a dumb idiot not talking but just looking at me with a bunch of weird facial expression.

"So Ross tell us about yourself." Carla said as everyone began eating.

clearing his throat ross started "well my name's Ross shor lynch,i'm eighteen years old, I go to Pacific preparatory,same school as Laura, I'm the captain of the football team." at that dad said a wow sounding impressed,that man loved football. "I'm a middle child, only boy, i have a big sister her name's rydel she 23, and then there's my little sister she 10,and can be pretty annoying at times, Well i Like football, favorite color yellow,i guess cause i'm blond with makes no sense but yea, i guess that's it." he said making my dad and Carla laugh at his last statement.

"Sounds lovely dear,what are your hobbies" Carla asked smiling at him. argh ground come swallow me.

"uh i like playing the guitar, i like riding,diving,hiking,playing football,oh and flying." he said laughing

"flying?" my dad asked intrigued

"yea, i got my pilot's license last week." he said grinning,my dad was officially impressed.

"Wow that's impressive. so tell me what do you want from my daughter?" i dad asked causing me to choke on my water and ross to chuckle at my reaction

"ahh,well Sir,I honestly just got to really talk to her today,we got paired up for the Musical,and I guess, I just really want to get to know her." he said smiling a little to himself then,looking at me.

my cheeks were red as i bent my head to avoid all the stairs

what the hell does the schools must popular boy want with me? i'm just a fat insecure girl who's trying to survive high school without any attention.

Did someone dare him to do this?

 "No Laura no one dared me to do anything. You just make me really curious." he said answering my question which i happen to say out loud,stupid me.

"Then what do you really want from me, why are you so persistent and interested in knowing me all of A sudden?!" i shouted gripping the table i was so anger he wasn't giving me the answers that i wanted.

"Because I want to get to know you." he lied to my face. jerk

"Stop lying Lynch, no one wants to get to know me, no one ever wants to get to know me, so stop lying to my face, and speak the truth." i shouted i was now standing, My dad and Carla continued eating like nothing was happening, like i wasn't shouting at a stranger they had met a few minutes ago. they stared at us but continued to eat.

"Why are you so against the fact that someone actually wants to get to know you Laura?" he asked.  i saw curiosity in his eyes as he clenched his jaw and looked at me intently. he looked like he was getting impatient.

"Because no one ever wants to get to know the fat girl." i whispered,loud enough for them to hear, as i picked up my plate.

"I'm not hungry anymore." I said walking away leaving my unconcerned dad, my curious step mother, and my school's hottest must popular boy at my dinning table.

I wasn't going to eat this trash anyways.