Chapter 4 "Lyrics & Peony"

"No Ross no, goddamn it, that doesn't sound right!" I exclaimed for the third time in the past 20 minutes. Ross said I was sat in the back of the schools auditorium trying to work on out first song. The show was about this girl and boy who fell in love but her parents didn't approve of their relationship, he and her dad didn't get along they were always fighting and her mother was always busy so she was looking for some attention and love, so they decided to elope and while they were away she got pregnant, they were only 19 they both got scared argued and fought, and  I swear I don't know what happened after I think one of them almost committed suicide?, i have to go to sir when the time comes to write the other songs.

Ross and I were having A struggle writing, I mean he was A good writer and so was I, And HELL he had the voice too, but some how our work wasn't connecting.

"Okay, okay fine." he said exasperated he placed he notepad down on the empty chair next to him and turned in his sit tucking one leg under the other so he could see me better, his guitar was placed on the Ground. he pulled my hands into his, smiling at me.

"What are we doing ross, I don't have time to waist." I said looking up on the stage were A guy fell off of the ladder trying to climb up and paint A tree.

"We are going to stare at each other in the eyes till something connects, and we can work skillfully together." he said grinning at me  as he took had fingers to turn my chin to look at him.

clenching my jaws I looked at him with a serious face as I took my hands out of his.

"One don't touch me, Two don't touch me, three I don't have time for this bullshit." I said bending to pick up his guitar as I started strumming some notes.

The first we were told to write was after they argued and they were making up.

after playing some tunes so me words came to my mind

"I found my self dreaming

In silver and Gold....

mumbling some other words that didn't make sense I kept repeating the first two lines till ross continued

Like a scene from a movie

That every broken heart knows we were walking on moonlight"

He sang. I sounded good smiling up at him he laughed at how it was finally working out.

"That's good, that's good." he said smiling as he began writing. "I have another Idea before we continue, you're A girl, all girls have things they'd like on dates, or things they think are romantic , how about you list some, or you know what along with that, list stuff that girls go through in love, or just things that's gonna sound nice in the song." he said taking back his guitar form me and handing me the notepad and pen.

" he said taking back his guitar form me and handing me the notepad and pen

"umm, uh okay. let's see, movies, dreams, tears, heart breaks, lost, truth, trust, kisses, time,emotion, underestimate.do you really want to go on?" I asked finally looking up only to see him staring at an expression on his face I couldn't explain.