One

I stood watching Jon being put in the back of the unmarked police car and
I felt sick to the stomach, I heard Maddy babbling away from behind me and it quickly dawned on me she had just seen her daddy getting arrested, I turned around seeing my mom holding Maddy.

"Get her out of here!" I snapped looking at my mom "are you that freakin stupid!" I glared at my mom feeling anger building in my gut.

"Peyton" Debi said in shock at my outburst.

"Someone get Maddy in the car" I said looking to everyone as I tried to calm myself down, I turned around seeing Jon sitting in back of the police car as my dad spoke to one of the police officers.

I looked at Jon's parents and brother and I walked over to them.
"Jon said he went back to his old ways, what does he mean by that?" I asked them, his mom covered her mouth looking to Jon who looked over to us as my dad walked back to us looking over his shoulder to Jon.

"What's going on?" I said to my dad who run is hand over his head looking at me shaking his head at me.

"Don't" I said looking at my dad "don't you shake your head at me" I said pointing my finger at my dad "just tell me what's going on" I added calmly though I was bubbling away close to exploding with sadness and anger.

"Jon's been arrested for possession and distributing narcotics" my dad informed me and everyone else.

I stood there and burst out laughing and what my dad told me thinking it was the most funniest thing I've heard in my life.

"She's totally lost it" I heard Lana say from behind me as i laughed uncontrollably.

I look around seeing everyone else was straight faced as they watched me laughing "What Jon? Distributing drugs? No they have the wrong person" I said going to walk over there as I watched the officers getting in the car.

"Peyton" Jon's brother said grabbing my arm pulling me backwards "I'm sorry but it's not a mistake if Jon said he went back to his old ways then yes, what your dad just told us is correct" I looked at him in disbelief feeling all eyes on me from my family and guests and I felt like couldn't breathe.

I pushed everyone out the way heading for the limo demanding to go home.

Arriving home was like arriving on set of CSI, there was police everywhere, police vehicles parked halfway up the street, the limo stopped and I got out pushing my way through onlookers who all quickly noticed I was the owner of the house.

"Excuse me this is my house" I shouted to one of the police officers "how much longer you gonna be?"

"Not much longer ma'am" he informed me.

Just then I get called over by a female detective.

"Mrs Bernthal" she smiled as I approached "sorry to cut short your big day"

"Don't act like you care" I sneered at her.

"I just wanted to let you know your house is clean" she informed me.

"So Jon can go?" I asked but she shook her head at me.

"Afraid not, the apartment he had recently rented, we found a rather large quantity of narcotics, and with his history or distribution his looking at a hefty sentence"

"Sentence?" I said shocked "you mean his going to prison for this?"

"Afraid so" she said looking over seeing the police leaving the house "we will leave you be" she said walking away.

I walk into the house looking at the mess they had made, I hear people behind and I turn seeing my dad, Jon's parents,Debi and Lana all looking at me.