Dylan

"Explore the unknown"

I don't really remember who said it, but whoever did must've been an explorer. I wanted to be an explorer once, when I was a kid. Go all around the world and unveil the secrets of different cities. The world is a beautiful place, although it's inhabitants aren't that pleasant.

Have you ever felt that, all your life you've been waiting for that one person who understands you, but you just don't have any luck in finding that person? As I don't have many friends, I didn't hope for it to happen. And I'm absolutely sure it's not going to happen. If it did it'd be a miracle, but it won't.

As I flip through the pages, I realise that her handwriting is so beautiful, and of course her writings too. I never thought that she'd be a writing person. And if I'm not wrong, she doesn't let many people read this. It's like, the words that come out from her mouth, or rather the words that the pen notes down are not just writings, but they are feelings too.

I didn't want to give back her copy. I don't know why but I just didn't want to. A part of me was telling me to keep back a piece of her, just in case we were ever to be acquainted again.

I don't know what she saw in me, maybe that I was a freak or that I was an idiot for crashing into her. Whatsoever the reason, the moment I looked at her, it was as though the whole world stopped in front of me. I had never felt anything like this. Seconds passed by, but she kept her eyes locked on mine.

I couldn't wait any longer so I had to get out of there. I don't know what she did after that, but all I remember is, when I was back home, I kept my books on the table, and found an unfamiliar copy lying between them. As I flipped it open, I saw the initial 'M' written on it with a bright shade of red ink. I instantly knew that it was Murph's.

I continued to read her small collection of writings and quotes, until finally I felt my head touching the pillow, and eyes starting to droop.

~

Sorry for the very very short chapter, but there's more to come! Thanks a ton everyone for 300 views!

Mahima