Murph

I take a deep breath as I walk out of the car, to enter the mall. Unfortunately, today is Lingerie Day, it happens every once in two months. Basically, the four of us go to Victoria's Secret to buy some fancy lingerie.

I'm forced to go, mainly to carry around their stuff. While the three musketeers are busy shopping, I always go to the ice cream shop nearby, where the sweet old petite lady sits. She knows me by now, considering the fact that I go to the mall six times a year, maybe more.

Today wasn't going to be any different, although I was expecting something different to happen. But then, that's what I'm always expecting about every thing.

"Have you checked out their new collection, Mel? It's totally lit", asked Jessie.

"I know right? Taylor Hill looks so hot in her latest photo shoot pictures", replied Melissa.

"Well, duh, she's Taylor Hill. Of course she will look hot, you idiot", said Jessie rolling her eyes. Melissa just looked down trying to hide her embarrassment.

"Anyways, I'll be heading out. Just call me once you're done, since I am the one  who has to bear the weight of your shopping", I said impatiently in an annoying tone.

"Come on, you do enjoy hanging out with us, right Murphy?", said Jessie with a grin on her face.

I just rolled my eyes and turned around to walk out of the shop. Just as I was about to turn in the corner, boom. Damn it, this is the second time I'm crashing into someone. Thankfully I didn't fall down this time, although unfortunately I had Starbucks coffee all over my sweatshirt.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!", said a very familiar voice. When I looked up, there he was, standing in front of me, the very captain of the basketball team, Jake Miller.

"Ar-are you okay? Murph, right?", he said looking up at my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine!", I deadpanned.

"Should I get you some tissue paper?", he said worriedly.

"No, I'm absolutely fine, trust me. I actually need to go, so I guess I'll see you later", I really didn't want to socialise right now.

"Well, I was on my way to the ice cream shop next to H&M , and I was wondering that if you weren't busy you could probably join me?", he said with a sweet smile.

Damn it, I'm so not in the mood to go eat ice cream with a stranger. He's anywa—

"It's your wish, I mean if you're busy I understand", he said, his smile slowly fading away.

"No, I was planning to go there myself, actually", I said smilingly.

We walked to the shop, and on the way we simply talked about different flavours of ice cream. As we reached, I smiled at the old lady who instantly recognised me.

"You both know each other?"

"Yes, I come here quiet frequent"

"Oh, that's cool. So, mint chocolate, right?", he asked with a grin.

"Yes!", I smiled back.

We took our ice creams and walked back. On the way back he asked me if I was close friends with Jessie. We were in fact friends, I don't know what sort, but certainly not close. He also happened to ask me if I'm dating anybody out of the blue, which sort of made me blush. It was nice talking to him, considering how much I always wanted to talk to him. But that feeling slowly faded, as I grew up.

Just before dropping me off to where we met, he suddenly said,

"It was great hanging out with you, Murph. You're really cool and sweet. I'm sorry we don't hang out much, but maybe we should now", with the sickeningly sweetest smile is ever seen.

Well, it was quite a day. After reaching home, I went up to my room, with a slight smile on my face. I'd been friends with Jake since I can remember, but we never really talked much. Well, today was a start, and socialising was sort of fun.

I had a few ideas in my mind for the history assignment and I wanted to jot them down before I forgot. I looked for my small notepad in the drawer, but it wasn't there.

I started to panic, I never let anybody touch my notepad. I looked everywhere for it but it was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, I reminisced my encounter with Dylan the day before, and that's when it struck me that my notepad had fallen down when we crashed. What a perfect way to end the day with.

~

I hope everybody's liking it so far? Anyways do drop in your views.

Character : Jake Miller, played by Jamie Blackley

Song : The Quiet, by Troye Sivan

Do vote and comment!

Mahima