twenty-two

niall and liam arrive when harry is in his bathroom upstairs. he hears the door bell ring and checks himself in the mirror one last time before leaving the steamy room. he has buttons to button up on the way down and he sings quietly to himself.

liam and niall are good distractions from louis. maybe he should have told louis to go out with someone so the grown ups could have a nice dinner.

but there are holes in this plan: number one: louis doesn't have any friends beside the three men.

and number two: louis being twenty is grown up himself.

it would have been ridiculous to tell him to go the cinema. and harry isn't that heartless.

while opening the door, he tells himself that tonight is about his friendship with liam and niall. not about louis.

louis will be just there. in the background while harry laughs with the other couple about old college times. yes. that's it.

that's totally what this evening will be like.

"harold!" niall says with a wide grin. his hair is all over the place and his outfit seems a bit messy as well. as if he slept in the clothes he is wearing.

liam has a bitter look on his face, watching niall and harry hug.

"lima, what's up?" harry hugs the brown haired one as well and tells them to come in.

"where's the little one?" niall looks around to search for louis.

"i guess he is in his room. i don't know, maybe liam gave him to much homework." harry chuckles and leads his guests into the living room where the table is decorated nicely. it smells of the dish.

"what did you cook for us, harry? it smells... special." niall furrows his brows.

"uhm, it's kind of... a casserole."

"kind of? do you want to scare us?" niall is partly joking but there is a serious undertone.

niall works as a cook after all and when there's something he can't stand it's weird food.

not the good weird but the bad weird. and harry has often proved that he can cook but there are things he will never manage.

"take a seat. i'll get louis and the... casserole." he laughs nervously and is off.

"behave. please, niall. harry isn't a professional, so be nice." liam mutters with a stern face.

niall shakes his head. "i'll be good, i promise."

"don't laugh at him if it doesn't taste good, okay? i know that harry is troubled with other stuff lately."

"stuff?" niall raises an eyebrow.

"yeah, stuff. shut up about the dish please."

"i didn't-"

niall can't finish this sentence because they hear a shattering glass. it seems to be fallen on the floor in the kitchen.

"harry makes me wanna shove him out of this room." niall rolls with his eyes. "he should have just ordered a pizza."

and then the blonde one is off running into the kitchen.

harry stands there, not moving. it seems like half of his body wants to kneel down and help louis cleaning up but the other one doesn't want to. it rather looks down to the younger boy and has an opened mouth.

louis is wearing black tight shorts and a black tight shirt. there is a white cat tail coming from out of his waistband and on his head there are white kitten ears.

liam once told him about louis being obsessed with cats. and he even told him about how louis likes to be a kitten around harry.

but of course niall never believed that. because well...

now he does. harry's look on his face is pure shock. he still can't move.

niall decides to get back to liam, who is sitting at the table like harry asked him to. he was always the one with the manners. and niall was always niall.

"louis is wearing his cat costume and harry lost his shit." niall blurts out.

"what do you mean with 'lost his shit', niall?" liam furrows his brows.

"i mean that harry is an ice sculpture, which has proceeded to let his expensive wine glass fall on the floor before freezing completely."

liam sighs. "of course... harry..." he shakes his head fondly. "what's louis doing?"

"cleaning up the mess. liam, are they a real couple now?"

liam scoffs. "they are harry and louis."

"so?"

"so unofficially yes but not officially."

niall nods, finds great entertainment in the two of them. he thinks it's gonna be a great night if louis wears his kitty costume while dinner.

and niall would lie if he didn't say he got a bit aroused about the whole scene.

he always found louis really attractive. not in the way he would have liked to fuck or date him but in this kind of passive way where he wants to see louis get fucked and dated.

and harry. hella, harry! he is hot too.

great. it's going to be a great dinner.

****

niall, you little shit lol.

who would you be in this situation?

harry?

louis?

niall?

or liam?