Like it was something he wanted to do for a long time...

'So when did he say we was coming ?' Mal asks, applying her lipstick,

'Erm he should be here any minute n-' There was a knock on the door,

'See,' I winked, 'I told you,' I ran down the stairs and opened the door to Perri and Mitch,

Mitch went to open his mouth but I stopped him,

'She's ready, I'll go and get her,'

'Thank you,' He smiled gratefully.

I ran up the stairs and burst the door open,

'It's Mitch,'

'Oh my god, kacey do I look okay, Do I look like a try hard ?!'

'Mal shut up! You look amazing, he's going to be over the moon,'

She walked over and gave me hug,

'Thank you Kace, for everything,' She whispered into the crook of my neck,

'Don't keep him waiting,' I winked and followed her out of the room and down the stairs,

-

I invited Perri over to my house because Joe was away on a stag weekend or something like that. My Mum was home with Jackson but that didn't matter because she likes Perri.

We wanted to leave Mal and Mitch alone otherwise we would be totally gate-crashing their first date or as what Mal like to call it a 'Way of getting to know watch other'...But it's a date.

'Mum,' I shouted, opening the front door.

'Yeah I'm in here kace!' I heard her from the living room,

'I brought Per-' Then I stopped talking, I walked into something I never thought I would ever, ever see.

'Hello again, Perri,' My Mum smiled, standing up and giving him a hug.

Then HE stood up...Joe.

'Nice to meet you,' He grinned through gritted teeth, Perri smiled briefly and sat down next to me, Opposite my Mum and Joe.

'Kacey, I can't apologize enough for the other day, I was absolutely drunk out of my brain and I've never been so stupid in my life. I'm stopping drinking now so that I can be a real dad to you and Jack,'

'You will never replace my dad,'

'I know, I know that, but I want to be there for you and do things that dads should do, I'm trying to make a really big change Kace, but I can only forgive myself if you forgive me. Like I said, words can't explain how sorry I am,'

'Fine, like I said, I don't want Jackson to grow up without a dad like I have to and will have to for the rest of my life,' I turned and looked at Perri, He smiled briefly but had a sympathetic look in his eye. He sighed and placed his hand on my arm which reassured me.

------------

'So anyway Perri, tell us a little about yourself,' My Mum smiled boiling the kettle whilst we all sat down at the dining table,'

'Well for starters he's famous,' I blurted out,

His face turned bright red and a look of pure shock appeared on my mum and Joe's face,

'Well I wouldn't say-'

'He was on the britain's got talent thing the other night,' I started laughing because he was getting so embarrassed,

'Are you serious,' My mum gasped in disbelief,

Perri nodded his head slowly, 'It's true,' He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.