3: Artist

Hey guys!!! So yeah, I'm super excited about this chapter, it's definitely longer than the others and I hope y'all like it!!

The walk home was very quiet and awkward. Of course I hated how our society, Clevenia, made our lives for us. We were chosen to do whatever they wanted us to do, not what we ourselves did. I was actually surprised people hadn't started an uprising before. And the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to rebel.

But I was only a 15 year old girl, there was nothing I could do about it. Because what if "champion" really did just mean of a volleyball tournament?

I pushed the thought away and walked up to our house, my sister gripping my hand tightly. Before I went inside, I told Adelaide, "Don't tell Dad about what happened ok? Just let me answer if he asks." She gave a slight nod, and walked inside, her tiny hand letting go of mine. I walked in as well, and fair enough, there was my dad standing tall and stern. Uh oh.

"Where have you been?" He asked in a raised voice.

"I thought you remembered, I went to visit Mom." I said.

"But I sent Addie to go get fourty minutes ago, and it does not take that long to walk back from the graveyard."

"Well, when we were walking back, we caught the ice cream truck and we chased down into the city." It was the only excuse I could think of. Maybe because I was hungry.

My dad gave a sigh. He believed me. "Ok, well at least tell me next time." Of course. "I wanted some ice cream." I laughed. And so did he.

I went to sleep that night thinking about Mr. Graff. I wanted to think that none of that ever happened, that it was all my imagination, but I knew that it wasn't. I didn't want anything to do with causing trouble. But I wanted to stop this so bad. And I didn't even know why. That was what the Tattoos did to you, they made you want to do whatever it is that they engraved into your neck. I hated it.

Why did my Artist ink "champion" anyway? Did she want this madness to stop as well. Is this why she did this to me? I wanted to meet her, my Artist. I needed to know what I was supposed to do.

It was dark outside when I heard my window opening. Into my room comes my best friend, Justin. Why did he break into my room in the middle of the night?

"What are you doing here?" I said, with a surprise smile on my face. But when I saw his worried look, I frowned. "What happened?"

"Your Artist." He said between heavy breaths. "She's dead."

"What?" I whispered to myself.

"We have to go now." And so he dragged me out of my room through the window, and as I looked back, I thought I saw the faint figure of my sister looking back at me.

That's it!! Have a good day you guys!!