Epilogue: 12 years later

"Riots broke out after the House went down. Many people were killed. But I decided that whoever wasn't happy with our decision could leave the country, and surprisingly most people left. Those were the people who resisted change. But the people who stayed, those loyal people, they grew. And we became one of the most united nations in all of history."

"That was a great story. I'm going to bed now." My little cousin says.

I am 22 years old now, proudly the Leader of Clevenia. Many people had gotten their Tattoos removed, but I decided to keep mine, to show people how the previous system scarred me as well as changed me.

"Okay." I said with a small smile. She reminds me of Adelaide so much. I visit her grave often, as well as my brave mother.

I go there after putting my cousin to bed, and sit next to the two tombstones. My mother, a Rebel, and Adelaide. Adelaide was nothing. She was just Adelaide. My sister. The Tattoos were just a part of us back then. I hadn't even noticed that she never had one. And I am grateful for my mother for protecting her from the horrors that the Tattoo would have brought her. It's like Kenna and what she did for her brother.

Kenna is 23 now, and her brother, 12. I look after him a lot whenever I'm not working. Justin is in the army, fighting battles we still have with a nation created after the House was brought down. That nation was brought together by all the remnants of Clevenia with the Tattoo system. I'm not shocked. We will keep fighting, keep protecting our free people.
I also stopped thinking about Mr. Graff. Many people called me a murderer, but there was nothing I could do. Being a Champion comes with sacrifices. And I was willing to take them. I am still ready to take them. I owe it to Adelaide and my mother.

As for my father, well, many people ask me about what happened to him. I found out that he secretly worked with Mr. Graff and I cut him off from my life ever since the day Adelaide got shot.

I walk back to my house in the dark, my only source of light being the dimly light lamps sprinkling the street. As I reach the front door, I take a deep breath and walk in. I live alone in the huge house fit for a Leader. The only rooms I really use are my bedroom and bathroom. My workers bring me my food, or any books that I desire. I found that I couldn't easily leave my bed without feeling nauseous and whenever I did get up, I had to be on high doses of medicine.

After the revolution ended, I realized all that had happened to me in such a short amount of time. I fell into shock after a week and could barely get up on my feet afterwards.

I lie down in my comfortable cushiony bed and close my eyes. I see the stars in my dream, the moon against the black sky. It calms me and I am able to fall into a deep sleep.

When I awaken, one of my workers is by my side with a hurried look of worry on her face.

"Miss!" She says, shaking my arm to wake me up fully.

"What? Is something wrong?" I say in between yawns.

"We have found a 10 year old girl with a Tattoo." The word "Tattoo" sounded foreign to me. At first I think I have misunderstood and maybe the girl has a normal tattoo, but I come to a realization that 10 year old girls do not get tattoos.

"What? How?" But the more important question was: "What does it say? What does her Tattoo say?"

She held her head down low and muttered something.

"What? What is it?" She lifts up her head and I see tears sparkle in her eyes.

"Revived."

I look at her in disbelief. Shock.

Revived Champion. Champion of the Free system. Revive the revolution.

Revolution.

No.

Not again.

We can't go back.

Thank you guys so much for reading, I really appreciate it and I hope you guys enjoyed this story!! I might write a second one but only if you guys want me to! If you think there should be a sequel, go ahead and leave a comment, but for now, that's it! The end of Tattooed!!