16: Explosion

Thirty minutes after we turned around to head to the hospital, another helicopter appeared behind ours, seemingly holding the bombs. My heart was beating out of my chest; the only thing keeping it inside me was the layers of protection that I was wearing, bonding it to my body. I tried not to look over at Kenna or Justin, because I knew they were staring at me. I also tried not to look down; I was deathly afraid of heights. The only place I could look was at my lap. At the gun I was given. I was almost asleep when the pilot said:

"National Clevenian Hospital. Prepare for a landing." The helicopter went down to eventually land on a pad on the roof of the hospital. Army men swarmed out and infiltrated the hospital within a couple minutes.

"What are they doing?" I asked Justin.

"They are making sure everyone is out of the hospital before we bomb. And before you know who gets here."

"Should we help?"

"I think they need all the help they can get." I hear Kenna say behind me.

"Okay then, let's go." As I pass through the door, I hear and see absolute chaos. There were old people attempting to run, to mothers pushing their children out.

"Help!" I heard from a room at the end of the hall. "I can't get out of this bed!" It was the voice of an elderly man.

I ran inside the room and automatically say "It's alright, sir. I can get you-" And I froze. My hand locked around my gun, and I shot that man. Right in the heart, his already wounded heart.

Justin comes running in. "Why did you shoot him?" He looks at the man, and looks at me.

"He was trying to lure me into here so he could shoot me. Look, he has a gun in his hand." The man had a sharp face, with sharp mean features. I remember that clearly when I first saw him. In that business office that he forced my sister to bring me to. That awful man who tempted all this. He was now dead. But I still planned on blowing the hospital up. Just because Mr. Graff was dead, didn't mean my intention was.

I run out of the room and help get people to their safety. It was as if nothing had happened. When everyone was out, and far away as possible from the building, two bombs were placed on the first floor in the center. I got back in the helicopter with the team, and had the honor to press the button.

A massive fire exploded the building, shattering it into pieces, the smoke rising, and the sparks flying. I could see the many colors of the Inks, merging with one another, creating a color I had never seen before. I could hear the glass of windows breaking, almost creating music in the ashy air. The Inks were down, and it was a beautiful sight. 

I am sad to say that this story is slowly coming to an end! I can't make any promises, but the next one or two chapters might be the last, and then the epilogue will be the end of this! I can't thank you enough for reading!