5: Consequences

Hey guys, I hope you are all having an amazing day! Here is the next part of this story, thank you so much to those who are reading it! Here you guys go!:

"Are you crazy?" I heard Justin's voice interrupt my rebellious thoughts.

    "Have you ever thought about why we don't even have the option of choosing what we want to be in our lives?"

    "Of course I haven't! I'm surprised you have even thought about that!" He was acting like a parent over me. But I knew I was right.

    "I was made to think about this." I said, in a surprisingly calm voice. I needed someone on my side too. But I wasn't using him. He was my friend; I just wanted him to understand.

    Justin was quiet. "Ok." He said slowly, like he was really thinking something else. "But can't you just resist it? Can't you try? I know it might seem hard, but it's better than blowing up the whole wall of Inks."

    I never thought about that. Of course I haven't, I was too busy thinking about how I was going to carry out my plan. But it was impossible to resist. People died if they Resisted.

    "I can't. I don't even know why you would say that to me. If you are my friend, you would be helping me." I said to him. I could do this on my own; it would be hard, but I could do it. Justin looked at me like I was crazy. Which I guess to anyone I would be.

    "Fine, but you can't tell me every little thing. I have to have a say in what I want to do too. After all, you are trying to bring the freedom to choose." He put emphasis on the word "choose".

    "Ok!. First let's go back to my house, and we can try to think of something." I said, excited.

    "Are you sure? We would have to be really quiet; you could always go back in the morning."

    "No, it's fine, let's just go." And so we went, silently back home, my home. I crossed through the backyard to get to my window, which was still open. I climb into my room, Justin following me, and plop down on my bed.

    "Malia?" I heard a tiny voice say from the door. I turn around and see my little sister, with a gun against her head. My heart froze.

    Out of the shadows, I see Mr. Graff, holding the gun against Adelaide, with a disgusting grin on his face.

    "I told you not to cause any trouble Malia. Consequences come when one does not listen." He said. "Isn't that right Mr. Tremaine?" And there stood my father, by his side. He was with him. A sharp pain hit me right in the heart. What was my father doing?

    "That's right." He replied to him, but not with his own will. He was being forced into this. My father! I knew that I was the only one that could stop all of this.

    "Okay, I'll stop, please just let my family go."

    "Yeah, we'll forget about everything, just let them go." I heard Justin defending me.

    "You said that the first time." I heard a recording say, "I told you that I wouldn't do anything to cause you trouble!" and then that fast forwarding to: "I'm going to blow up the Inks."

    "Where did you get that?" I said, confused.

    "My guard put a tracker on you. I hope you won't be needing it anymore." I hated this guy more and more every time I heard a word pop out of his mouth.  "You really should have listened to you little friend there, he was right. You should have just Resisted. Your mother did after all." My mother?

    "I won't! Just leave everything alone, I promise I won't do anything. Please." I begged, tears slowly forming in my eyes.

    "I'm afraid your choice doesn't matter at this point. It never did. You already caused one death, I'm afraid you will have to cause another."

    Before he could finish his sentence I lunged towards Adelaide, but I wasn't quick enough. He fired.

YAAAYYYYY!! so some stuff with Malia's mom is happening, stuff with Adelaide is happening, so many things are happening!! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.