Misunderstandings Are Annoying, Yet Entertaning Complications

"Come on! Faster!"
The coach blew her whistle quickly, taking harsh breaths right after.

Riko was one to keep her words, meaning...

"Coach, are you..alright?"

Riko jumped, but immediately regained her composure. It was a natural reaction after knowing the phantom for awhile.

"I'm fine, Kuroko-kun!" She huffed.
"You should be more worried about yourself!" The coach slapped his back, causing him to stumble forward.

Riko sped up and matched Kagami's pace.
"Keep it up!" She gave the taller boy a slap on his lower back and a thumbs up.
Kagami flinched and awkwardly smiled. If someone as short as Coach could easily catch up to him, then he still had a long way to go.
"...or maybe not. After all, it's Coach."

"Did you say something, Kagami-kun?" Riko asked between breaths.

"N-no!"

She stared at the redhead inquisitively then decided to shrug off the topic.
"One more lap, guys! Last one who finishes does 30 burpees!!"

The coach received a whole hearted "yes" from her team, making her a bit disappointed. She felt like challenging them.

"With push ups! ...and another lap."

"EHH?!"

"Is that two laps I hear??"

Riko turned around and began to jog backwards. The boys' heads shook and their pace began to increase.

The brunette chuckled. She felt more energized than before. Never again would she go on a...date with Murasakibara(?)

"T-that's not what it was!!" She exclaimed, her cheeks reddening more from embarrassment.

"Is there something bothering you, Coach?"

Riko blinked twice then gained sight of Kuroko.
"Uh..no, you don't need to worry, Kuroko-kun!" She laughed loudly.

Kuroko thought for a moment.
"You...hm."

Riko gave him a curious look. It was rare to see the boy change his mind like that.

"You can say whatever you were going to. I won't be offended." Her corners of her lips moved up slightly.

"I was going to say that you've been spacing out, but I thought it might not have been right for me to say that."

The coach stared at the light haired boy then laughed.
"I won't wrestle you to the ground for that! But...your instincts are as sharp as ever." Her laugh shrunk to a chuckle.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

The coach stared at his expressionless face, reminding her of a similar one that was harder to see.
Her height really was a hindrance sometimes.

"If you can keep up with the punishment for being last while talking and listening to your Coach's...problem. Then knock yourself out."

"I think I can manage."

The two smiled and started their extra lap.
.
"So glad...I don't...have to do that..." Furihata huffed as he watched Coach and Kuroko pick up their pace.

"Too bad for Kuroko, I thought he could catch up with us now..?" Kiyoshi looked to Hyuga for an answer.

"Well, yeah...but it looks like they were talking about something important."