When You're Smitten With Someone, Everything Can Seem Like A Dream

"So the answer would be...x=5 or -5, right?"

"..."

"Right...?"

"..."

"Aida-chan?"

"..."

"AIDA!!!"

The brunette fell out of her seat, her eyes fluttering in shock.

"Are you okay, Aida??"

"I-I'm fine...!" Riko stuttered as she got up and sat back down.

"Are you sure? You've been spacing out all day. Even Sensei was surprised."

"Yeah...I just...I had a good weekend." Riko looked off to the side, beginning to fall back in her daydream.

The taller girl blinked then put all her assignments to the side.

She didn't talk to Riko much, no one really talked to her except the basketball boys and the student council. After all, she was very busy with the tasks of being the Basketball Club's Coach and Student Council VP. The only time the brunette would talk to others was when it related to school projects or when she did one-on-one tutoring during lunch (these sessions were rare these days).

Another thing was that Riko Aida was a bit intimidating and well...a bit more mature.

But seeing her like this, the girl's interest was piqued.
Riko Aida seemed to be riding in the same boat as the other girls did for once.

"Something good happen? Did you get a boyfriend?" The girl pried for an answer.

Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the Vice Prez's face turn crimson red.

"OH MY GOSH!! REALLY?!?"

Riko pleaded her to hush as more eyes laid upon them and whispers grew.

"WHO IS HE?! IS IT ONE OF THE GUYS FROM THE BASKETBALL TEAM?! WHAT AM I— OF COURSE IT WAS! WHICH ONE IS IT?!"

"S-shh!! You can't—"

"HOW DID IT HAPPEN?! WHO CONFESSED?! DID—"
.
.
.
.
.
.
The rest was a blur for Riko.
She felt utterly embarrassed, being discovered by her teammates let alone the pretty much the whole school.

"Coach, you got a boyfriend?"

"Y-yes...okay? Now let's just get on with practice."

"Wait...wait, who is it? Is it..."

The boys, excluding Kagami, Kiyoshi, and Kuroko, turned their gaze to Hyuga. But to their surprise, he looked as shocked as they did.

"Hey...Kuroko...you don't think..."

"Coach."

Riko gulped hard, almost as if there were a real frog in her throat.

"Is your boyfriend..."

"Yes, Kuroko-kun." The girl admitted with a sigh, her blush spreading across her cheeks.

No names were needed to be said aloud for most of the boys to understand.

"For real???!" Kagami shouted after a long moment silence.