Settled

"That's enough for today, guys. Good work. Just clean up fast so we can leave quickly."

The team started through their "after practice" routine while the coach sat down and stared at the roof.

Two months had passed since that giant child visited Seirin, or her for that matter. He didn't even text or respond to the few "hi's, hello's, or how are you's" she sent.

She rejected him. So it didn't have anything to do with her right? She should be relieved that she's got her life back to a normal routine.

But still...

"Riko? It's time to go."

The brunette broke out of her trance and looked at the person who made her heart twinge.

"Right."

Riko gathered her things and scanned the room.
"Where's Hyuga?"

Kiyoshi turned to look around then scratched his head.
"Maybe he's outside waiting. Let's go." He smiled.

Riko forced a smile. Now that she thought about it, she was doing that a lot lately.

The two left the building, but saw no sign of anyone around.
"He ditched us!" The petite brunette exclaimed.

Kiyoshi followed with his usual laugh.
"Well, maybe he had his reasons."

"Let's just go." Riko sighed as she began to walk.

How natural it felt, walking beside him again. Even though so much happened. Even though their matter was never really settled.

"How's your relationship?" Riko asked out of the blue, surprising Kiyoshi; although his feelings didn't show on his face.

"It's good."

Another silence filled the air. What was she supposed to say? How was she supposed to say it?

"Are you hungry?" Kiyoshi's question stopped her frenzied thoughts.

Riko saw where they were.
'Convenient store...a bench right across.'

It was that place.

Slowly, the coach's chuckles built into laughter, confusing the boy.

"So...you just followed me? Even though this is an entirely different way from home?" She asked, wiping the tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

Kiyoshi looked to the side and shrugged.
"I thought it would be interesting...?"

Riko stared at the bench. Her memories of that purple headed idiot flowed clearly in her mind.

Then, with a serious expression, she turned back to Kiyoshi.
"Teppei."

Kiyoshi gave her a curious look.

"I..."

She took a deep breath.

"I didn't want us to break up."

Riko waited for him to answer. It had been awhile since she saw his serious face off the court.

Finally he found the words he wanted to say,
"I wanted us to work."

The brunette was silent, but soon chuckled. The tears from her laughter began to fall and were soon followed by smaller droplets.

"You sound like you're in a drama."

"I'm trying to be serious..." Kiyoshi rubbed his head and looked to the side, realizing that the words he chose were the cheesiest.