Chapter 9

I shot up from my bed and screamed when a figure grew closer towards me. I kicked the figure and it fell onto the ground with a loud but familiar grumble. I stared down at the figure and saw pink hair. Whoops.

"Natsu?" I asked through the darkness.

"Owwie! Luce, that hurt!" He grumbled. I sighed. "Don't scare me like that ever again." I stated. He just nodded and raked a hand through his hair. "Oh and Luce." I looked at him, my arms crossed. "You forgot to lock the window." He pointed towards the window and I almost blew a fuse. "People don't usually come in through a window, Natsu."

"Well I did." He grinned. I just rolled my eyes. "Anyway. Who were those people?" I asked, feeling the walls for a light switch. Once I found it I flipped on the lights. There I saw Natsu holding two bags. "Why do you have two duffel bags?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He threw them onto the bed. "I'll be staying here for the next couple of days so I need some clothes don't I?" He fell onto the bed and cuddled into my blankets. At least they'll smell like fire place. I shook away the thought.

"You just made that decision on your own?" I crossed my arms and tapped my foot. "I can't protect you when you live far from where I live." He smiled. "Protect me?"

"Yeah." He grew serious. "When my dad died I was going through some depression. I could forget by fighting so I would go to this underground ring and fight for money. I would usually win and come home everyday with over a hundred dollars and a few bruises. Well I was fighting this tag team. Their names were Sting and Rogue. Well I had just gotten done with a hard fight so I wasn't really feeling the fight. I ended up losing and wanting to win so I fought them over and over again. I owe them a lot of money." Natsu breathed in and out.

I just stared at him. "And they know what I look like?" I fell onto my bed and pulled a hand through my hair. "Yes, but I'll be here to protect you!" Natsu grinned. I shot him a glare. "Fine. After a couple of days you're leaving." I stated. He just nodded.

"Sounds like a plan."

I got in the shower first and hung my clothes on a hanger. Natsu made himself a bed on the couch so he was all set. I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a towel. I opened the door, letting steam seep out. "Natsu you can go in now..." I trailed off at what I saw. Natsu sat on the couch shirtless, with happy purring in his lap. Let me tell you right now. He's got abs that could kill.

"I don't need a shower, Luce." He dismissed me quickly. I walked to my room and closed the door. I slipped into a black shirt and white shorts and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I walked into the living room and found Natsu snoring on the couch. He passed out already? I giggled as I pulled a blanket over him. I walked back into my room and slipped into my cloud like bed. I was about to drift off to sleep until the side of the bed dipped.

I sat up and looked next to me. Natsu was snuggled up in the covers snoring quietly. I blushed, grabbed a pillow and hit him with it. "Natsu get out of my bed!" I screamed. He looked at me with tired eyes. I sighed. "Fine only for tonight."

He nodded and I fell asleep with Natsu beside me.