Chapter 12

We were healing Kiana's group fairly quickly. We took the extra blankets and ripped them for cloths, used little water to help clean up the wounds. They weren't that damaged, I expected worse. They handed us two guns and ammo. The group was about to leave, when I asked,

"Can't you stay for a little longer?"

"No, we are taking up too much space and we wouldn't want to be any trouble." She replied. Sounds like our group.

And just like they had never arrived, they were gone.

Autumn's POV-

I hated Kaylee right now.

What gave her the right to have a boyfriend? What gave her the right to be the leader and take the guns, and not spread them around? Has she not heard of distribution? She had to die.

I took my knife and slowly started walking towards her. I was close enough, but she turned around. I quickly dropped my arm down and smiled.

"Autumn, I was about to go chop wood for a fire. Want to come?" She asked.

"Uh, sure." I replied. When she walked to the back of the cave to get the axe, I tightened my grip on the knife.

She would die, one way or another.

Kaylee's POV-

We started walking towards a tree. It looked like the same one in the dream I had last night. I shuddered at the thought.

We finally reached a tree and I started to chop it. Autumn guarded behind me. She seemed very... quiet lately. She didn't really communicate with anyone.

"Zombie behind you!" She said. I turned around and felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Soon, I was on my side, gasping. I put my hand over the spot I couldn't feel. I felt a sticky liquid seeping out. It was blood. I laid my head back in the leaves.

This is it, I thought to myself. I'm going to die here, finally.

I closed my eyes for the last time.

???'s POV-

I watched as they wandered around like they had no clue what they were doing. It was quite funny how such a thing could cause such a strong reaction.

The screens showed something astonishing-

Alive- 5

Dead- 2

Someone just died. I looked at the screens and saw Kaylee lying limp on the ground.

Now it was just time to get rid of the other 5.

Kaylee's POV-

I looked up and saw a bright light. I closed my eyes, I couldn't handle the light.

This must be what heaven looks like, I thought. But why am I not a zombie?

I opened my eyes again and the light slowly went away. I could hear lots of mumbles.

"Wha-" I started to say.

"Kaylee!" I heard someone scream. I saw Bella and Brandon running towards me. I'm dead, how-

"You're okay!" Bella screamed.

"I'm dead, how am I-"

"Autumn came back and told us that you fell on a sharp rock that cut you." That was a lie. She cut me with her knife!

"That's a lie! She's the one that stabbed me!" I said.

"Here, help me get her back to camp. Kaylee, you're just blaming someone. Autumn would never do that." Bella said. They tried helping me back to camp. I felt so weak and tired, I almost fell back down when I tried to stand.

They carried me all the way back to camp, helping me cover my stomach. It was still bleeding, but a little less now that a blanket was folded and wrapped around my waist.

"H-how did I not die?" I asked.

"We found you around a minute after the accident happened." Brandon said.

"Would you both stop calling it an 'accident'? It was clearly on purpose, clearly she never liked me,clearly..." I drifted off. I shook my head as we got in the cave. I looked around and saw Kourtney and Autumn talking.

"No! KOURTNEY GET AWAY FROM HER!" I lunged towards her, but my stomach lurched and I fell to the ground. I grabbed it in pain, but it didn't subside. I cried out in pain.

"What are you talking about?" Autumn asked. I looked up and gave her a death glare. Was I the only one who told the truth around here?

"You know what you did," I started to scream. It hurt me to scream, but I still did it. "You stabbed me! You tried to kill me! It's your fault I almost died, you... you..." I couldn't take the pain in my stomach anymore.

"AAAaaaaahh!" I screamed. I started crying on the cold, dirty floor.