Chapter 13

The pain in my stomach finally subsided. I rolled over to see Autumn in the corner, crying. She was shaking and trying to hide her sobs. I tried sitting up and walked over to her.

"Autumn, whats wrong." I didn't say it soothingly, nor strictly.

"I-I... nevermind. You w-would hate me even m-more." She said. Autumn buried her face back in her hands.

"I can't really hate you anymore than I already do, so just tell me." I said.

"I'm just jealous o-of you. You have a boyfriend, all the power, the weapons, you're really nice and-" She started crying again.

"And I'm just me." She ended.

"You think I don't feel that way? I have the power, yes, but it stresses me out. The weapons could easily mean suicide for people, which is why I keep them. I'm not that nice, and yes, I have a boyfriend, but it was by pure luck that we met. So straighten up. You're fine. Let's go and-"

I heard a shot in the distance. I looked up and saw Brandon running back from the woods. He looked worried. I stood up, walking towards him.

"K-Kaylee. Bella sh-she..." Brandon started to say.

"What?" I asked.

"She-she hung h-herself." He said. My heart sunk. I started running towards the place Brandon just ran from. I was dodging a lot of tree branches and rocks. I finally reached the place where a body was hangin from a rope. I felt tears choke in my throat. I didn't know Bella that much, but already 2 people have died while I was the leader. As if Brandon read my thoughts, he said,

"Do you want me to take over as a leader?" Brandoln asked. I nodded my head as he wrapped his arms around me. I let a tear slip and he started rubbing my back. I started to calm down as the sound of wind eased most of my worries. But that was only temporary.

I heard a gunshot as I lifted my head.

"Not again!" I screamed. I started running back towards the cave, my thoughts wild. Who died? Kourtney, Autumn, or, or...

+I love doing this to you!+

I ran back in and saw Autumn leaning over somebody. No, it couldn't be Kourtney, no, no, no. I quickly leaned in and saw a bullet hole where her stomach is. It was the same spot Autumn stabbed me. The heat in my cheeks rose. Instead of doing what most people would do, I looked at Autumn and lunged at her. I got a few punches in. She didn't fight back, just kept crying. One more blow and she was lying on the ground next to me with blood coming out of her nose.

"That's what you get! You try and kill me, then kill my sister! What type of a friend are you?" I screamed. I bent down to see Kourtney trying to hold on to life the best she could.

Autumn's POV-

*Flashback*

I was having fun with Kourtney in the cave when we heard a rustle outside. We were playing tag, so she ran outside, thinking it was Kaylee and Brandon. The next thing I knew, she was on the ground, blood pooling around her. The gunshot that almost ended her life rang in my ears. I tried carrying her back into the cave, as I leaned over her and tried to calm her down. I didn't succeed.

"It's going to be okay. You're going to get through this, don't worry." I tried reassuring her, but it was all lies. we both knew she wouldn't be okay.

Kaylee ran into the cave and looked very angry. She started to punch me, and I sat back and took it. I didn't have the strength to do anything or explain something. Before I knew it, I went into a world of black.

I felt a lot better than I had in a while.

???'s POV-

Dead- 2

Alive- 5

How was Kourtney not dead yet? She got shot, I sent Worker 1 to go kill her. She was bleeding on the ground! How could she have any strength to hold on to life, when it was all taken from her?

"Maybe you should take a lesson from her." I turned around and saw Worker 2.

"No thanks, I love by my own rules, not someone else's." I snapped back. They walked away, and I went back to watching the monitors.

Kaylee's POV-

I rubbed Kourtney's arm as she gasped. She wouldn't live much longer.

"Kaylee?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"One last thing before I leave." she said.

"O-okay. What is it?" I replied.

"If you see mom or dad, tell them it's not your fault I died. You did your best. I'm gonna be in a better place, so please don't cry." she said. I just nodded my head as a tear slipped from my eye. She closed her eyes and I rested my head on her chest. My sister,who I had fights with, played games with, was gone. I will never see her again, she won't ever be able to play minecraft again, or hang out with her friends. I feel guilty for all the times I yelled at her for being rude.

My sister is gone.

Bella is gone.

Gillian is gone.

And they were all my fault.