Chapter 18

Kaylee's POV-

We started listening to my favorite band ever. He knew me so well, I could never leave him. I just hoped that he thought the same way.

"How did this closet not get touched?" I asked. He just shook his head.

"Who would actually check a closet?"

"I would." I said. He laughed and I put my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back and I wished I could stay here forever, just freeze this moment and live in it forever. But my forever would come to an end quite soon. Too soon. We all knew it.

"How are we going to find other survivors?" I asked.

"I don't know if we'll live that long." He said. I knew that. Why did I have to ask such a stupid question?

"Yeah, I know." I said.

"So why did you ask?"

"To see if anyone had hope anymore." I replied. It was true, no one believed we would survive. I was surprised I'd lived this far. How have I not died? I almost did, and I could've ended it. I've been so stubborn. I still am, I know. I get it from my dad, I can't change that.

*Le time skip*

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it'll be fun." I grabbed my gun and was about to open the door when someone behind me said, "You shouldn't do that." I turned around and Ryan was there.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because you will die! One gunfire attracts many zombies! You will die and..."

"Isn't that the point? If we were supposed to live through this, nobody would have died. But look at half of America now!"

"Dead. Yes, I know. Anyone could know that. But you don't need to make that more than a half." He had just met me, and he was telling me not to kill zombies.

"You don't understand." I mumbled.

"You're right, I don't." He said, and started walking back up the stairs, back to where he came from.

"Let's go." Brandon said. I nodded as I made my way out of the hotel, into the streets. I saw a limp body walking towards me. I aimed the gun at it's head and shot. I missed and it went over his head. I lowered the gun slightly, and shot again. Perfect aim.

"Come on." I said as I started moving past all the burnt rubble.

"What's that..." Brandon started walking towards the forest area when everything flashed before my eyes.

Something shot him. I couldn't tell who it was, but it was so quick I didn't know what was happening. It took me a few moments to register what was happening.

"B-Brandon!" I screamed. I ran over to his side. I was too late. He was already gone. I put my head in my hands and started crying for a while. He couldn't be gone, he couldn't be gone.

"AAaaahh!" I heard a scream from the hotel. Sounded like a girl. Autumn...

I ran inside and looked around for the staircase. I ran upstairs and opened the door to the room Autumn was staying in. What I saw was the worst sight ever. She was the only person I had left. I couldn't lose her.

{Happy for an update? I wrote the rest of the story so far and I'm just waiting so you guys can enjoy it :D}