Addict with a Pen

Sorry I'm late, I've had a shit day, so I'm gonna write this quick

P.O.V Tyler

My parents arrived in record time. Five minutes. I am surprised, to be honest.

"TYLER!" My moms voice boomed throughout the halls. I jumped at least to Frank's height. I yelped a little bit, which made Josh laugh. I sent him a glare and then just laughed.

My mom took down the door, literally took it down. Her face was red and puffy, which held me back from laughing, cause the door.

She eloped me into a hug, making me lose breath. "Tyler, oh my god." She exclaimed into my neck. I just comforted her, not knowing what to say.

My dad followed in after, and I wanted to jump off the second floor and break my foot. He was crying so hard. And that's when I lost it; again.

"Son." I ran to him from my mothers grasp and gave him the best hug I could. I never saw my dad cry. The last time I did was when I was about ten. But that was at a funeral for my aunt.

"D-dad." I spoke into his chest. He rubbed his hand across my back, just the way I like it.

"Why?" He choked out more sobs and I cried even harder.

"Don't cry dad, p-please." I told him. I wanted his sobs to come to a stop. I couldn't handle my own father crying. An idea popped into my head just then.

"Hello
We haven't talked in quite some time
I know
I haven't been the best
Of sons
Hello
I've been traveling in
The desert of my mind
And I
Haven't found a drop
Of life
I haven't found a drop
Of you
I haven't found a drop
Of water

Water

I try desperately to run through the sand
As I hold the water
In the palm of my hand
Cause it's all that I have
And it's all that I need and
The waves of the water
Mean nothing to me
But I try my best
And all that I can to
Hold tightly onto
What's left in my hand
But no matter how
How tightly I will strain
The sand will slow me down
And the water will drain
I'm just being dramatic
In fact,
I'm only at it again
As an addict with a pen
Who's addicted to the wind
As it blows me back and forth
Mindless, spineless, and pretend
Of course I'll be here again
See you tomorrow
But it's the end of today
End of my ways
As a walking denial
My trial was filed as a crazy
Suicidal head case
But you specialize in dying
You hear me screaming, "Father,"
And I'm lying here just crying
So wash me with your water

Water

Hello
We haven't talked in quite some time
I know
I haven't been the best
Of sons
Hello
I've been traveling in
The desert of my mind
And I
I haven't found a drop
Of life
I haven't found a drop
Of you
I haven't found a drop
Of water"

I sang softly to my father, trying to soothe him. It seemed to be doing its job, as he is only sniffling through his breakdown. His death grip still strong though. We both never wanted to let go.

"Thank you son." My dad thanked. I just nodded; not needing to say any more. My mom joined in on the hug, still sobbing. We just stood there hugging for the next three and a half minutes.

When we finally let go, I took a glance at my fathers face. My heart dropped at the sigh. His eyes were still filled with tears, and his face was red and tear stained.

"Dad..." I broke off, not really knowing what I was about to say.

It hit me that I may not survive. It hit me that if I don't get treatment right away, I would die. I wouldn't be able to play basketball, sigh, play my ukulele or piano, I wouldn't be able to write, I wouldn't be able to go to school, or see my friends. Most of all, not be with Josh.

I turned to Josh, who was just biting his nails. I ran to him and brought him into my arms. "I'm scared Jish." I admitted. Because, I really was. Cancer had taken over.

"I'm scared too, Tyjo." He replied. I hugged him tighter when I practically hear the screams of the tears wanting to fall from Josh's eyes. He squeezed equally as tight.

When I finally released, I grabbed Josh's hand and we intertwined our fingers together. I sat down next to him whilst my parents held hands and sat down in the chairs. We waited until Kellin came back.

When he finally came back, I noticed my parents tightening their grips. "How are you guys today?" Kellin asked my parents.

"Could be better." My mom answered, not amused with the question. Kellin just nodded and took a seat in a chair.

The chair I wanted to sit in.

My inner-child started showing as Kellin swayed back and forth in the chair. I wanted to be in the chair!

"So as you guys may know, your son has stomach cancer." Kellin reminded in a low tone. My dad just nodded while my mom didn't move a muscle.

"I would like to go over some treatment options, and then Tyler and you guys can discuss it later." Kellin said.

They started conversing and I just chose to zone them out and focus on Jishwa. His eyes were gorgeous. The black rings circling his brown eyes made me sit in awe. Just keep in mind that in staring intently into his eyes. He will probably be freaked out.

While I was lost in Josh's eyes, I didn't notice Josh's eyes actually met mine and just stared at me with confusion.

"Uh, Tyler?" He questioned. "What the hell are you doing?" He chuckled a bit, still keeping the gaze on me.

"Your eyes are so beautiful, Josh." I was still amazed. I was like a child that saw a cat for the first time.

He just laughed and blushed. It was so adorable. "Well, why thank you." He 'politely' thanked.

I just nodded and witches my position, so I was laying down with my head in his lap. It didn't stay like that forever; as a loud son snapped me onto my butt.

"Mom what's wrong?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Tyler, you have six months..."

So I know I probably wrecked your black emo hearts, but the story is like halfway over, we have time, and I have this planned out. So hold tight my fren, as we go forth on the emotional (roadshow) rollercoaster. :)