Chapter 3

Klein and I walked along the beachfront hand in hand. And to be fair, it surprised me. Although it was a simple gesture, it made me swoon from the grand touch. My dad did let me out, but he made me take a minder/bodyguard with me. They were a few steps behind us but they were there in case Klein or I were put in any immediate situation. They were there to protect us, and if they required they would take their lives for us. It's a messed up situation to be honest with you but they've signed the contract that said they'd do it. I just wish it wasn't so brutal though, no one deserves to die for a royal pain.

"So, favourite hobbies," Klein asked unexpectedly.

"Well, they're a bit cheesy and stereotypical, are you sure you want to hear them?" I laughed.

"I'm positive, although, I'm sure you'll laugh at mine too," He smiled graciously.

"Well, uh, I really love reading, writing short stories, long walks around the palace grounds and being with my friends," I stated.

"There was nothing wrong with that. Nothing to laugh at."

"So what's yours?" I then asked.

"I enjoy playing video games, reading, writing novels, being around my friends and this one you will seriously laugh at but I really enjoy knitting. Before you make judgement, it's how I do my thinking," He stated.

I was trying so hard to contain my laugh at what he said, but it was impossible. That was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

"I'm sorry, I truly am but I have never heard of a boy who loves knitting so much. So what are your dislikes then?" I said, containing my laugh.

"Heights is my main dislike but there's also whores; people who fall at my feet because of who I'm marrying; the council for forcing us together; I really hate chocolate too; cameras; mistakes and the lack of privacy. Everyone seems to think that it's fine just to invade our privacy when we're out and about. It really peeves me off sometimes. So what about you? What are your dislikes?"

"Cameras because they deceive the actual image sometimes; I hate the eight-legged creepy crawlies known as spiders. I hate bitchy people, especially the ones at school; I hate people who fall at my feet because of who I am; I hate the council; I hate balls; I hate alarm calls; I hate being hurt and I hate half the schools population," I stated matter-of-factly.

"Why do you hate balls?" He questioned.

"When I was 8, Lucas accidentally kicked one off my face when playing football, he apologised but I vowed never to go back near one. I was literally frozen in fear whenever we had to use them in PE. No one quite understood, and I was bullied quite a lot for it."

"Wait, you were bullied?"

"Yeah. Don't you remember all the rumours that went around about me in second year?"

"Don't have a clue. But, it's best not to dwell on the past because it doesn't encrypt your future," Klein spoke.

"Yeah, but random question, if you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be and why?" I then asked, changing the subject.

"Honestly? If you had asked me that a few days ago, I would have said us. However, as of right now, I have to change the fact of no privacy. None of us knows what it's like to have a life of privacy, our lives have been well documented in the press, and I think the only thing that's remained private is our school life."

"As my gran told me this morning, we choose what we want revealed and what we don't. It's our lives, we can choose to show them everything or we can choose to show them the littlest things. We can have two separate lives, one for the public and one for our private selves. And when and if we do have children, we can choose their lives for them too. We can choose what we reveal about them."