Chapter 9

November's been and passed, December's now upon us. A week to go. A solemn promise. We're to bound by a band for life, no break ups or arguments. A life full of love and a life full of promise. We're polar opposites forcing ourselves to get along. Well, I'm not forcing anymore, I've fallen in love with him. He's been a rock to me these past few months. He's been there through the tears and through the arguments. He's seen things that no one else has probably ever seen.

As everything around us is hectic, we're forced in to the quiet realms of the outdoor living space. Although, it's not the wedding night, we're being forced to live apart. Only to see each other when necessary and on a run-through. School was the bigger challenge because we had classes together, but my dad sorted that out when he paid for a tutor to come teach us both but at separate times. Why must we be apart? I miss him.

I've been tested in my shoes and my dress but it still feels weird. Klein's mum, Carole, has been helping me but it doesn't feel right. I wish it was my mum but I know she's looking down on me from above. I know I don't believe in that kind of stuff but she's my guardian angel, same with my papa Lucas.

"Boo," Klein's voice said as he wrapped himself around me.

"You're not meant to be here," I said, flabbergasted.

"Call it the element of surprise and I managed to trick your guard."

"How?"

"Let's just say, my lying skills have gotten better since all the preparations have begun."

"Trust you, but you best go back before anyone manages to find out," I said sadly.

"They won't. Anyhow, it's really boring as hell."

"Yeah, only a week left of this torture," I sighed, as I untangled myself.

"A week is far too long. I hate only seeing you whenever we're needed. I miss my friends and I'm sure you do too. I didn't even realise this was so torture," He moaned.

"Believe me, I didn't either. No one prepared us for this, only for the actual day," I raged.

"How is it working with my mum?"

"Awkward," I stated simply.

"I know. Your mum is your guardian angel; she's watching and helping you. She wouldn't miss this for the world and you know that," He spoke softly.

"I know," I sighed softly. "I just wish she were here physically. One of the first important days of my life and I have to face it alone," I continued saying as I sat on the bed.

"But you don't. You have me, your dad, your gran, your brother, your other grandparents, my mum, my dad, my brothers, your friends - Cara, Ellie, John and Cole, and you have Shelby," He started saying. "No one's ever alone after the loss of a loved one. We're here to love you and to cherish you in the best way that we can. There's no doubt that you have an amazing bunch around you," He concluded sitting next to me.

"Thankfully. However, being stuck here with no one and no form of communication, it's driving me insane," I admitted.

"You aren't the only one. I swear, I've made more paper aeroplanes in a day, than anyone has in a week."

"And you're proud of that?" I asked.

"Nope. Like seriously, they haven't even given us a laptop or books to do anything on. We're only given the paper for school work and nothing more. Having read my chemistry and English book so many times and it's getting boring now."

"Believe me, I know," I sighed. "Because it's so busy, no one really comes and sees us. The only time they come is when we're needed and not a second earlier."