a new dawn, a new day

days had passed and another rhythm had set into the home of Harley and ivy. they fell deeper in love each and everyday. they had basically been laying low since batman knew they were in Gotham. until they saw that the news was moving on. the scarecrow had gotten loose so the entire city was searching for him.

"looks like now is the perfect time to strike." ivy whispered leaning over the couch to hug Harley. "you ready to get paid?" she asked

"you betcha" Harley replied.

that evening they began to plan their next heist.

"we could make another attempt at the Wayne manor." ivy offered.

"i'll write it down but whenever we try that a member of the justice league shows up." harley sighs.

"looks like we need to think outside the box." ivy muttered.

"wait that's it! the box!" Harley cried.

"what do you mean?"

"all the times i went into Arkham they took everything! weapons, money, jewelry, and even clothes. they never take it anywhere it gets put into a box with your name on it, then it gets stuck in a large safe." Harley rambled.

"that's so perfect i could kiss you!" ivy exclaimed.

"i'm waiting." Harley replied.

ivy smirked and gave Harley a big kiss.

"now lets go we have a lot of preparing to do."

a couple hours later they were ready. they had stolen a u haul for all the stuff they were gonna get. some basic explosives, a lock picking kit, and a few potted plants just in case. after getting the hyenas in the back they were headed to Arkham.

"our first heist as a couple." ivy squealed.

"how about we call it our first official date?" Harley replied.

"good i can finally know if you put out on the first date." ivy replied turning a sharp corner to the looming building known as Arkham asylum.

"shut up and grab a weapon."

ivy pulled around to the back they got out and began to creep towards the back door.

"okay you know the drill Harley i get in the safe after you shut down the security. you remember where everything is right?" ivy stated handing Harley her rubber bullet gun and baseball bat.

"don't worry i got this."

Harley jumped up and slipped through the vent above the door. "they should really fix that vent." Harley chuckled dropping the vent cover outside. she crawled through the space until she saw light through the lined of the vent ahead. kicking the vent cover she landed on the floor below.

she was in the ward, the ward where she had been kept, the ward for the criminally insane. many were asleep, many weren't from the Riddler to eccentric bombers paced, snoozed, murmured, and pounded on the bullet proof glass that surrounded the poor fools that got themselves in here. including the joker. he lie on his bed asleep.

"my sweet angel" Harley whispered a tear streaming down her cheek. "you got yourself in there i'm not gonna help you no matter what." Harley returned to the heist and waked to the security room, there was just one half asleep guard there.

in mere moments Harley had him handcuffed to a support beam.

"sorry about the rough treatment but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do." she said shutting off the power in the security room.

"wait what are you doing! the criminals in here are serious busine-" Harley stuffed his hat in his mouth.

"don't cha worry bout it. i aint breakin any o' these bums out. just gettin some loot for me and my gal. besides im done doin hard work for other people."

she quietly locked the security room door and headed back to the room that held every weapon she could need. past all the criminals.

"Harley?!" it was the joker.

"mista j i aint here for you. save the speech for the next idiot that falls for you." she said walking forward.

"i understand. goodbye Harley Quinn."

sobbing she ran down the hall to ivy, the one worth being with, the one that really cared.

"Harley whats wrong?" ivy said as ivy ran into the open arms of her girlfriend.

"its nothin. now lets get the loot and skedaddle"

"way ahead of you. the safe is unlocked would you like to open it?"

Harley grabbed the handle to the comically large safe and pulled it popped of like a lid of a jar.

"grab the ones with our names then get the rest" ivy said getting a huge box marked poison ivy. Harley reached for her box which was unsurprisingly enormous. hauling it to the truck she returned and reached for the one right next to where hers used to be the jokers. she hesitated biting back tears.

"Harley come on we talked about the time limit grab the nearest boxes and lets go." she said grabbing the biggest ones she could get.

swallowing her anger Harley grabbed the box and a few others and went to the car. tossing the boxes in the back she returned to the safe where ivy had almost finished emptying the huge metal box.

"I just have a few boxes left. care to grab them?"

"yeah. hey since we are here and all, maybe we can let some of the guys free?" Harley asked playing with the bell on her hat.

"yeah and tell them we stole their possessions. honey we would be dead in minutes. lets just make like a banana and split."

"okay, you're right. lets go."