Julie

Before we start this chapter I am announcing the winner in creating the new character(with some minor edits) daughterofapollo2345! Without further ado the next chapter.

Julie calmly paced back into her office to finish her report of poison ivys break in/ capture. It was good to have the super powered hippie locked up. But it would be a pain to fix the window before anyone else tries to start a breakout. She sighed looking at her watch. 5:57 only three minutes until Amber came in to take her spot. Amber was softer kinder that Julie was which is why she always took the day shift, no one broke out during the day. Just as the clock chimed signaling 6:00 Amber walked in. Her golden brown hair cascading over her shoulders practically lighting up the smile on her sun kissed face. Her vibrant green eyes smiling as per usual.

"Good you're right on time as usual." She said pushing her sleek red glasses up her nose.

"It's hard to be late when you live right upstairs." She replied cheerily.

" well this conversation has been delightful as always but I'm off to bed." She said slinking out the door and up the stairs. Finally reaching her room she began what had become her daily routine. First she took out her hairpins and placed them in a small bin by the door. Which let loose her long black hair that ended at her waist. Next she deposited her white coat on the coat rack with the six others marked with the days of the week. Her shoes placed next to the shoe rack. Then her collared black shirt and black slacks were deposited in a laundry basket by the bathroom door along with undergarments.

Next she climbed in the shower shampoo 4 pumps. Scrub for 20 seconds rinse. Conditioner 7 pumps leave to set in. 2 pumps raspberry body wash scrub thoroughly. rinse. 100 comb strokes through conditioned hair. Rinse. Step out. Towel dry. Brush teeth for 2 minutes 30 seconds. Floss. Mouth wash 5 swishes. Exfoliate with homemade face scrub composed of sugar, honey, olive oil, and lemon. Moisturize. 100 comb strokes through semi damp hair. Middle part two braids. Close blackout curtains. Lie on back close eyes. Sleep.

As you can probably tell from her daily routine she was particular, and superficial. She finally fell asleep but instead of a dream was the usual memory.

"Hello little girl." He said his hands stained with the blood of her parents.

" what are you doing?" She asked stepping back.

"Well I'm not doing anything right now am I?" He replied cackling.

"I guess not." She said stepping back.

"Oh don't worry I'm not going to kill you. That would be dull. No I'm going to do something much more interesting." He said. Grabbing her by her long brown ponytail. He pulled out a switch blade and pushed the button the tip just millimeters from her eye. Grinning he placed the blade right below her eye and carved a jagged J on her cheek right down to the cheek bone. She was too shocked to scream at that moment. She didn't feel anything anymore. The blade had been coated with a watered down joker toxin. Just enough to cause permanent scarring, pallid white skin, darkened hair, and temporary paralysis.

The memory had been forever burned into her mind. The memory of the true evil that is the joker.

After that she was sent into gothams foster system. A system that was cruel to a ten year old girl. Through all the crazy, abusive, and even foster parents that meant well. She was alone and she grew evermore numb, cold, and sharp. Her studies consumed her until her scores gained the attention of lex Luther. At 16 she became one of his many workers. She was trained especially for Arkham asylums taxing duties. Now at the age of 21 she practically ran the place. In a strange way everything she was now was created by the joker. If that isn't poetic irony I don't know what is.