Chapter 2- Desperate

~Connor~

Why? Why can't I find her? I have searched for two years and still no luck. I sense her distress and sadness every waking moment, and yet I can never find her.

I will never stop. Not until she is in my arms, safe. Yet, I can't help but wonder where she is. Am I imagining the bond? Fore my mark never burns and that is what worries me.

The only reason I stop for breaks is my father urging me on from his grave. Telling me to take it easy and strategize, but do not overthink. I wish he was here so he could meet my perfect match with me, but death has tricked him into a battle he had to lose.

My mother still smiles but even the children can see through it. I wish I didn't have to leave her, but I believe my mate is stuck. I refuse to think she does not want me. I must think of somewhere else to look.

I grab my map and look at the uncrossed cities and countries. After nearly 5 minutes of vigilant glances I see a very small town called Lorem ipsum meaning Forget in latin. I guess this is my last hope.

                               *****

When I finally arrive I see so much beauty. There are trees everywhere giving enough shade to the bright town. I start walking towards the south following the sight of houses until I come across a sign in a window. Fate has stepped upon my side today.