Chapter 8- Damn, She Looks Good In my Clothes

As sunlight streamed through the window, I couldn't help but smile. This bed felt much more comfortable than it did the other night. It is warmer, and just... different. Then I felt a movement. That's when the memories of last night came back to me, and I felt the happiness surge within my veins.  

   Her bright red hair was spread out along the pillow, while her face was hidden in my chest. I felt my smile fade as I looked at her pale, freckled arms. Red lines were place on the inside of her arm leaving barely any room for her skin to show. At first I was angry, and then I truly thought about what she has gone through and is still currently going through. I think today is the day she shares her story; I have to know if I can show her I will always be here for her. Even after my soul mate is with me, I will always have devotion towards her for being so strong and understanding. Hopefully, I will be able to grow enough balls to talk about my dad, someone I haven't talked about in years. 

   I felt lingering eyes on me and glanced down at the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. The small amount of sunlight was reflecting off of her bright emerald eyes making the gray flecks pop. As I studied her eyes, I noticed the burning curiosity, but her mouth stayed shut. I sighed and closed my eyes, I felt small fingers run along my jaw towards my chin, then felt them drift towards my lips slowly. After I felt them trace my lips, my eyes snapped open and I kept them on the concentrated girl lying beside me.  

   "Aria," I sighed once more, 

   "Yes?" She whispered quietly. 

   I breathed deeply, readying myself, "Will you tell me about your mom?" I flinched, waiting for the sickening blow to my face, but it never came. Instead I heard her sigh, just like I have done many times this morning, and I heard a small yes. 

   "My mom's name was Lydia. She was the most beautiful person you could ever meet, inside and out. I look exactly like her, except for the light brown outlining my pupils. That trait came from my father. She was the kind of woman who would stop next to the smelliest homeless person and give them the biggest hug she possibly could with her frail, but safe arms. She left smiles where ever she went.  

   When I was little, I would always run to my mom, for anything. I have this stupid fear of thunder, and whenever I hear it I automatically curl into a ball, and cry my heart out. Anytime this would happen, my mom would pick me up, set me on her lap and sing to me. I would fall asleep focusing on her angelic voice. Her voice, whether she was singing or simply talking, was like the wind, soft and blew you away" Aria stopped with a smile, and I saw longing in her eyes. I could tell she was imagining he mother's voice. 

   Then her smile fell, "Everything was perfect, my mother and father were like a bunch of teenagers in love, and every night after they put me to bed, I would sneak down the staircase to look in the living room. Every single night, my mom would have her arms around my dad's neck, while his hands were tight around her back. My dad would joke for a couple of laughs making her bell like laugh jingle, then they would just sway and lose each other in their eyes." Tears rolled down her cheeks in slow motion. I softly wiped them away with my thumb as she smiled a heart broken grin. 

   "It was my fourth birthday on the twelfth of May. That day my father was scheduled to work and couldn't make it to our weekly nature walks, but my mother took me, so I wasn't disappointed. We both loved the nature and the beautiful colors. We were giggling like school girls, and I was going on about how butterflies confused me. I asked her if they were flies that fell into butter; she was nearly doubled over with laughter. She suddenly stopped when a rustling in the bush ahead of us was heard. My first thought, once I saw it, was it was a big cat. I smiled real big and started to skip towards it, but my mom held my arm and told me in the calmest voice to stay behind her. My mother never showed fear; she picked up a thick branch and started to back us away. That's when it leaped, my mother never had a chance to react it dragged her to the cold ground. Through strangled breaths she told me to run." She paused sobbing.