Chapter 1- The Sad Truth

~Aria~

My name is Arianna, but you can call me Aria. I am now 15 years old and still searching for my soulmate. I am an only child and my mother died when i was only 4. my father took her death very hard, and the worst is that he blames me. I wish i could have saved her when she jumped in front of the jaguar attacking me, but i was only a small child, what could I have done?

At first my father only screamed at me, but a year passed and he wasn't satisfied with just yelling. So, he started to beat me. I slowly became numb to his hitting, I no longer shed a tear when his fist conected with my face or his foot hit my stomach. I only sat there waiting for him to get out his anger and sadness. I was 9 when he changed tactics. He knew he would never find another woman, fore everyone had their soulmate. I was then victim to his sexual abuse. He would probe my innocence and invade my purity. When i turned 13, i hit puberty.

For once I felt happy, and I knew my soulmate would help me out of this hell hole and i would be safe. Sadly, my father had a different plan. I remember running up to him smiling, which I have no memory of  doing after the death of my mother.

*Flashback*

"Father! I have great news!" I was ecstatic while looking at his 5' 10" frame with wide eyes.

"What Aria? Hurry up and spit it out, I have a meeting to go to and I can't afford to lose these clients. " His indifference didn't phase Aria as she spoke quickly.

"I have hit puberty and i feel the coldness of my mark. I can finally go find my true soulmate."

"No." Aria could taste the bitterness from his words.

"What?" Her voice shook as tears welled in her eyes. Her father ignored the pain in her eyes with a glare.

"I said no, girl. Did i stutter?" Aria's body shook with fright as her father stepped closer to her.

"I... no? But-" she stuttered as he closed the distance between them.

"But nothing, I'm leaving. Make sure this house is spotless by the time I come home or your ass will be handed to you" He grabbed Aria by the back of her neck and forced his lips on hers for a long, sloppy kiss. As he walked out the door, Aria collapsed on the floor in tears.

*End of Flashback*

It has been 2 years since my dreams were crushed. Since then, I have to say i have filled out quite nicely. I have grown nearly 2 inches shorter then my father. I wish I hadn't. It makes my father more needy and... Grabby. I feel as if I will never be free from his hatred and abuse.

My mark never warms, I have come to realize my soul mate does not want to search for me. I wish he could set me free. For some reason, though, I still have a sliver of hope that he is lost and is trying to set me free.

All i can do while I think of my sad truth is trace ny elegant mark. It sits perfectly below my waist line on my hip. It curves into an infinity mark with the word love intruding it's space. I have fallen in love with my mark alone, this mark means something speacial... But I am unsure of what at this moment.

Maybe I can change my sad truth, into my happy reality.