forty • christmas (war is over)

It never snowed in the Zones. In fact, not many Killjoys even knew what snow was. But, the Fabulous Four along with Cherri Cola, Show Pony, Hot Chimp, and Absinthe Angel had smuggled themselves into Battery City for the day when Doctor Death had reminded them of the time of year. Still, the expressions that crossed all of their faces was pretty much described as actual wonder at the sight of the snow in one of the few parks Battery City had.

Why they'd decided to get each other gifts this year wasn't really a question they'd asked themselves, figuring they just wanted to have a real Christmas at least once. 

Though, of course, first they'd had to have a snowball fight.

It was interesting to the passerby's to see full-grown adults hurling snow at each other, and not something they saw very often. The cold was more than welcome to the Killjoys, who hadn't known that temperatures like these existed anymore. They were joined by two children (who Party swore they recognized, but Ghoul wouldn't answer) who were welcomed to mess around with them. Instead of leaving once they'd remembered they were there for a reason, the two kids decided to stick around, tailing after the Killjoys with bright smiles for a short while. 

It was official, that by some Christmas miracle, the onslaught and war had ended. 

BLI said that they were going to stop fueling anything into a war, as that was just what the Killjoys wanted, and were instead going to focus on their citizens and keeping them happy and healthy. The war would have become one-sided if an anonymous note that represented all the Killjoys hadn't been delivered, stating that they wouldn't fight this anymore.

Truth be told, only about three Killjoys knew what actually went down. Absinthe Angel had snuck Fun Ghoul and Show Pony into Battery City, and all it took was a well-timed shot at someone important. It was then, really, that she had completely gained their trust. She'd led them into something that wasn't a trap, allowed them to do their job, then got them out. 

Still, she did look an awful lot like Jet, which was really weird. He seemed to have a vague idea, but he never said anything about it. 

"Fix your fuckin' hat," Ghoul said, yanking down to further cover Party's hair, "I want to at least do something fun today without getting attacked."

"Shut up, dad, I can do what I want. I'm punk rock." 

"Shut up."

The two laughed again. "Don't fall in snow," Party mused, glancing over at him with a small smirk.

"Why would I-" There was a quiet yelp, and Ghoul found himself going down, landing in a soft pile of it. "You jackass! Now I'm all wet!"

"C'mere, I'm very hot-" Upon reaching to offer Ghoul his hand, he was pulled in instead, mimicking the same noise that Ghoul had previously. "Well, now that's just fan-fuckin-tastic."

"This is a very nice pile of snow, and you looked like you needed to cool down."

"Sure." The redhead reached over, pulling Ghoul close and pecking at his cheek. He took the chance to pull the both of them out of the snow, a light shiver taking over the two as they started walking again. "Is there any place you wanted to go?"

"Not with you, right now," Ghoul said with a soft chuckle. "Want to meet back somewhere in an hour?"

"That sounds perfect," Party purred before pulling away and leaving. 

Instead of secretly following like he'd originally planned, Party left Ghoul on his own to go look around on his own. It was nice in the city, though he was pretty sure it was never going to snow again. The redhead looked around one of the shops, not really sure what he could even get there until he decided to pull out the few carbons he had and paid for some food.