1. Obi-Wan

"I HATE YOU!" Anakin yelled, burning to a crisp.

"You were my brother, Anakin," Obi-Wan said to his old Padawan, "I loved you. But now, you leave me no choice." He turned his lightsaber off and walked over towards Anakin, tears flowing down from his eyes. He put one foot on Anakin's head. "I'm so sorry, my old friend." Obi-Wan pushed Anakin into the lava flow. He couldn't watch him sink. His yelling was unbearable enough.

Obi-Wan saw Anakin's lightsaber on the ground and decided to pick it up. It was the only memory of his friend that he had left, besides Padmé. He climbed up the mountain and went to the Naboo starship.

As he entered the ship, C-3P0 came out of a room. "Oh, Master Kenobi," the droid asked, "is Master Skywalker alright?"

Obi-Wan had finally calmed himself down, but he now felt a fit of tears coming. "Yes," he choked out, "yes, he is alright."

"Then, why isn't he here, Master Kenobi? Did Master Skywalker take another route?"

"Yes, he took another route."

"Well, that's good. I'm going to tell Padmé the good-"

"No! I-I mean, no. I will tell her about Anakin. It might be better for her to hear it from me, since I was with him."

"Oh, well, that is a good idea, Master Kenobi. I will order R2-D2 out of there immediately."

"Thank you, C-3P0." Obi-Wan stood up and went to where Padmé was.

He walked into the room and saw Padmé lying on the bed. He felt bad for her. How am I going to break the news to her, he asked himself, I don't want to be like, "Padmé, he's dead," but I also don't want to be like, "he's alright" and lie to her like I lied to 3P0.

He decided to break it to her slowly, so that she wouldn't be more hurt than she already was. He then sat down on a chair near the bed. Padmé opened her eyes. "Why, hello there, general," she whispered, "where's Anakin at?"

He sighed. "Padmé, do you really want to know?"

"Yes, I want to know where he is at. Is he alright, Kenobi?" The tears from his eyes started to fall again. "Is something wrong, Kenobi?"

I didn't want to tell her this way, he thought, but, here it goes...

"Padmé, he's gone," he choked.

"What do you mean, 'he's gone'? Did he escape?"

"No, senator, he's gone gone. He's dead."

Her eyes widened. "Wh-hat happen-ned," she stuttered, "di-id you kill him?"

"I had no choice, Padmé. I am so sorry for the pain that I have caused you, but I had no choice. I had no choice..." Obi-Wan's voice drifted off and he started to sob. Padmé started screaming in heartbreak...