Chapter 6

Previously on Isabella Fire

"Y-y-you're the Ex-Executioner...."

"Goodnight Kaleb." I jumped at him and had fire coming out my palms before he could run. He burnt to ashes in seconds without another sound. I brought my hand up and blew out the excess fire. I moved to his coven next. There were a total of 4 doors and I knocked on each one and killed them before they could make another move at the door. I still sensed a presence in one of the rooms so I looked around.

"I know you're there so come out." Someone appeared in the corner and was crying. It-it was only a child. I walked slowly over to her and kneeled down.

"Why did you kill them?"

"They broke a law. They had to be punished." She looked into my eyes and I gasped. She was only a human! I grabbed her gently and held her hand in mine and walked out the door. Eleazar was still at the steps and gasped when we came around the corner.

"Did you know she was here?" He shook his head no. I cradled her in my arms and whispered in her ear to shut her eyes. I thanked Zafrina and Senna and they left. I know I must have caused Zafrina some pain but it was for everyone's good. I kept looking at the girl even when we were up above ground. She looked oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Where are you from?"

"Who are your parents?"

"I'm from North Carolina and my parents are..."

"I'm from North Carolina and my parents are Henry and Jessica Higginbotham." I sucked in an air of breath and held back my sobs. I thought my family stopped at me but I guess it didn't.
"What about your grandparents? Did you know them?"
"I was only told of one name and that was Marie Higginbotham." I excused myself and got some fresh air. I gazed at the stars, searching for a reason as to why they would take her or even how they found her when I didn't know about her.
"I can't believe I'm about to do this. God, you probably don't want anything to do with me but I'm lost right now. I don't know what to do or h..." I shook my head and laughed.
"I'm here talking to the sky. How ironic is that?"
"He does hear you even when you don't think he is." I looked behind me and saw Carlisle leaning on the door frame. I turned back to look at the stars.
"You can ignore me all you want but-"
"I'm just looking for some peace and quiet."
"I know you are," Carlisle came up to stand beside me, "but I need your help. It's Edward." I turned to fully face him after he said his name.
"What happened?" I know I don't fully forgive him but I still care for him.
"When you left Volterra he changed. He can't remember anything from that night but maybe you can help. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't urgent but I'm not sure how his body and organs will react since it has been a while since they were working. Will you please help?" I smiled and put my hand on his shoulder.
"I know I may look like a cold-blooded killer but I'm not and I'd be happy to help. Where is he?" Carlisle led me inside to a room where Edward was reading on a chaise lounge. His hair was tousled badly from running his hands through it so much and he wore clothes that looked too big for him. Carlisle cleared his throat and Edward looked up from his reading position and he flinched when he meet my gaze.
"The Executioner said she would help you." Carlisle was about to leave but I grabbed his arm and shook my head.
"Please stay." I took my hand off his arm and walked towards Edward. With each step I took I changed back to Isabella.
"Bella?!" I didn't react to his voice but a little person inside me was jumping up and down for joy when he recognized me. I put my hands on both sides of his head and asked him to close his eyes. I closed mine and dug through his memory, trying to find that one day when I left Volterra. He hasn't done much except read, eat, and sleep since he changed. I got to a memory that was fuzzy and tried clearing it up. I could make out a figure that looked like The Executioner but it looked like a ghost. It was sheer and I could feel my own heart being squeezed in the memory while it happened.

--FLASHBACK--

"You will pay!" A figure was hovering above me with a murderous glare on their face. I couldn't see anything but the whole eye, which was red, and everything else was black. I screamed out in pain with I felt my heart being squeezed. I could hear the door trying to be opened but it was sealed shut so that it was only the figure and me.

"You will get to know how it feels to be broken and in pain daily!" The figure gave my heart one last final squeeze and let it go. I could hear my heart start beating wildly in my ears but I couldn't hear any voices in my head. The figure laughed and disappeared into thin air.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

I quickly let go of his head and backed away from him. How could The Executioner could do that. I gasped for breath as I stared at Edward and Carlisle. Edward tried coming towards me to clam me down.
"Bella, it's oka-"
"Stay away from me!" I was shaking from the truth about The Executioner and I didn't like it. She was powerful but so was I and I wasn't going to let her win over myself.
Are you sure about that?

I hope you guys like this chapter and I'm so sorry for not updating like you want me to. There's a lot of personal issues that I'm working through but I hope to get through it all.