Chapter 3: (Draculoid 574826/Mikey)

The girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes smiled at me. Another girl had dark, shoulder length, red hair and piercing green eyes. She stared at me with a sad expression on her face.

“Mikey,” stated a male voice behind me and I spun around to see a man with bright red hair and hazel eyes.

I stepped back and ran into something. Jumping around, my eyes landed on a sad-looking guy with a deflated mass of curly hair. Shaking my head, I turned and saw another guy with tattoos all over his arms. His face was hardened with the look of anger and fear. Gasping for breath, my knees shook and I fell to the ground and the five people crowded me, closing in on me. I started hyperventilating and as darkness consumed me, a name flew out of my mouth.

“T.J.”

I sat up right in the bed I was given and breathed deeply, my body covered in sweat and my hair, which was annoyingly long in the front, stuck to my forehead. A knock sounded on my door and it opened to The Boss. Jumping out of the bed, I bowed my head and waited.

“No need to be so polite,” he said and I lifted my head to see he was standing closer to me than I thought. “Today, you will start your training. Then, depending on how well you do, you may be put out into the field for your first mission.”

I nodded and The Boss smiled, his hand resting on my shoulder. I don’t know why but the gesture somehow felt familiar.

“Sir,” I said, “if I may ask, but did I have a family before I took the drugs?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, for some reason, I keep on seeing a girl who looks really familiar in my dreams and I don’t know how but I feel like I was in a relationship with her.”

“You haven’t been in a relationship before,” The Boss said sternly. “The girl is just an illusion. She doesn’t exist.”

By that time, I was backed up against the wall and The Boss’ face was red. Nodding in fear, I stared at him and waited until he stood upright.

“You will begin your training in half an hour,” he spat and I nodded again.

“Intruders alert,” blasted a computer voice and The Boss’s face hardened.

“Those stupid killjoys are here,” he snarled and glanced at me. “Go and find out who it is.”

I nodded again and raced through the white building, to the lobby. A girl with shoulder length dark red hair appeared, shoving something into a bag. She glanced up and gasped at me. I stared at her, mouth hanging slightly open.

“Mikey,” she murmured and I frowned.

“Who’s Mikey?” I whispered and she shook her head.

“Please let me leave,” she said. “T.J. really needs you back. I’m sorry.”

I just nodded and she smiled, running past, stopping only to hug me quickly. The gesture surprised me that I didn’t do anything until she moved, leaving the lobby. I stared after her, until she vanished from sight and I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. Opening them, I turned around to find The Boss smiling at me.

“Sir?”

“That was one of the killjoys, you dimwit,” he shouted.

He was being sarcastic about the whole smiling act I thought.

“You should have killed her. Now, you will need to be punished for that,” he roared and I glanced away.

“Again, you should have gotten it in the chest,” pointed out Drac 372649 and I groaned.