Chapter 7: (Draculoid 574826/Mikey)

Black snake-like vines clung to the golden haired girl, T.J. The one I was supposedly in love with in the real world. Since that Killjoy, Party Poison, shot me, the same images replayed over and over again. T.J’s image shifted and was replaced with Party Poison aiming his gun at me. Elena shimmied into my vision.

“Mikey, it’s time to wake up. They need you,” she said.

“But I’m a Draculoid,” I mumbled.

“That won’t matter because you will stop yourself from killing them.”

Elena kissed my forehead and I felt soft hands on my shoulders. A soothing voice filled my ears.

“We will save him. I keep my promises Gee.”

I opened my eyes to see a girl with the facial structure of T.J. Her hair bushed her shoulders in red-brown layers and her side fringe covered one of her big blue eyes.

“I know you do,” I whispered and she turned her head around to face me.

T.J. gasped and I smiled up at her. Her blue eyes searched my face and as they met mine, a spark of anger flowed through my body. I jumped off the lounge and attacked Party Poison. Shoving him against the wall, I grabbed his ray gun and pressed it to his chest.

“Mikey,” shouted T.J. and I glanced at her over my shoulder.

Surrounding her form were the other Killjoys. Jet Star stood behind T.J. and Solar Shark stood partially in front of her.

Mikey, put the gun down. You are better than this.

Elena’s voice fluttered in my head and I glanced back to Party Poison, lowering the yellow gun slightly. 

He is your brother.

Dropping the gun to the floor, I stepped back and shook my head. No, was the first thing that came to mind. Party Poison looked kinda like me but that doesn’t mean we are brothers, does it?

“Mikey,” he smiled and my eyes widened.

“No,” I whispered and turned on my heels, running right past the group and out into the desert, letting the sand blow up behind me.

Slowing down slightly, I sat against the rock and took deep, calming breaths. All of this shit that has been happening, it just gets too much. I mean, first I find out that I was supposed to help the Killjoys get me back to normal, second, the leader is the one who Stunned me and is my brother.

“Come on, Elena,” I mumbled. “I don’t need any of this to be happening. Please help me.”

The wind picked up and I closed my eyes, bowing my head to protect my face. The sound of cars, motorbikes and people chatting filled my ears and I opened my eyes to find that I was playing my bass on stage in front of what looked like an Australian crowd.

“MCR! MCR! MCR!” the crowd chanted and my brother danced crazily around the stage, acting like a six-year-old high on sugar.

Skimming the crowd, I saw a girl with long, golden coloured hair smiling up at me, her eyes watching my fingers skimmed across the strings on the neck of my guitar. When her eyes moved to my face, a slight blush filled her cheeks and she turned her head to watch Frank. I moved to the front of the stage and her eyes landed on me again. Glancing at Gee, I sunk to my knees and watched as her face brightened. Sliding my guitar off, I held it out to her and smiled. Her eyes flicked from me to the guitar and back to me, a questioning look in them.

“Play it,” I shouted and she gulped, taking it in her hands.

She propped her knee up and got back into time with Mama. Gee got down beside me and slung an arm around my shoulders, watching the girl play. She chewed her lower lip in concentration and smiled as the song ended, handing the bass back to me.