Chapter 8: (Staticheat Summertime/T.J.)

We are actually doing it. Getting the drug to turn everything back to normal. I know Dead didn’t mean to have the wrong drug but at least, somehow, Mikey is getting his old Killjoy self back. Footfalls sounded behind me but when I turned, no one was there. Swallowing, I turned back around and followed the others as the rounded a corner. Glancing behind me, I saw a room filled with different coloured drugs. Two of them were missing and judging by the look on Mikey’s face, one of them must have been the one to turn people back.

“Something isn’t right,” he whispered and I glanced at him. “The other one was here the other day. Unless…...”

His eyes widened and he turned on his heels, running out of the room. I glanced at Poison, Ghoul and Jet, running after Mikey. Sliding to a stop behind a pillar, I watched as Mikey faced a face I never thought I would see ever again, let alone with his arm slung around my older brothers’ shoulders as if they were best mates.

“Why did you do it, Mikey?” purred Oscar and Mikey groaned, a hand fluttering to his forehead.

“Answer him,” snapped Korse and I glanced at my boyfriend.

“Because someone who knew the old me told me to,” he stumbled out and fell to his knees.

Korse and Oscar laughed. I had a weird impulse to walk out there and stand in front of Mikey, so I did. Aiming my ray gun at Korse, I shook my head at him.

“Why won’t you die?” I asked and Korse smirked.

“Why don’t you figure it out,” he said and I narrowed my eyes, glancing between him and Oscar.

Something clicked and I got the answer. Oscar was the reason Korse won’t die. Why didn’t I see this before? I am so stupid. Korse laughed and I glared at him. The Boss stepped out from nowhere and smirked at me.

“But I killed you,” groaned Mikey but I continued to stare at Korse.

“You have finally figured it out,” he smiled and I glanced away.

Korse aimed his ray gun at me and I bowed my head, closing my eyes. Casting a quick look at Mikey, I watched as his expression changed rapidly.

“Take your shot,” I said.

Korse snarled and I glanced at Mikey. His mouth was hanging open slightly and his eyes were wide. His hand grasped the ray gun that lay at his feet and I glanced back at Korse.

“No,” shouted Dad and a ray gun fired.

Waiting for the pain to start, I glanced at Korse and Oscar. Oscar was looking down at his chest and watched blood slowly trickled down his body, dripping to the floor. He glanced back up at Korse and their eyes met. Korse started shaking his head and Oscar fell backwards, landing on the ground with a thud. Blooding started forming on Korses’ white shirt and he glanced down at the patch. Catching his eyes, I smirked at me.

“The bad guys loose and the good guys win,” I said and Korse fell to the ground, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

The Boss nodded his head in approval and turned to Party Poison.

“I can see how much this world needs My Chemical Romance,” he said and I stared at Poison.

“No, it only needs people to make the world stay alive,” he said before raising his gun at rapid speed and shooting the Boss.

He fell to the ground, a burnt patch forming on his white uniform. Arms wrapped around me and I turned my head to see Dad with tears in his eyes. Turning in his grip, I hugged him back and glanced down at Mikey.