Thank You - Chapter One

Chapter One- Thank You

Austins P.O.V.

“Thank you guys again for one of the best shows we’ve played yet!” I yelled into the mic, waving good bye to rows and rows of fans in front of me. I ran off the stage as the crowd screamed. After three months of touring, we get two months off, then its straight back to Warped. That’s the only bad thing about being in band. When you aren’t writing or recording, you’re on tour, and when you are on tour you’re either writing or recording. It’s a lot of work, but in the end it’s worth it. Spending time with some of your best friends, as well as inspiring kids, and saving lives. You can’t get much better than that.

I walked off the stage and went over to the busses. It was almost midnight and I could barely keep my eyes open. All I wanted right now was sleep. I lazily made my way over to the door, slowly opened it, then trudged my way to the bunks. I was the first one here, because all the other guys were going to go get drinks. I was lonely, but I’d have to be fine for now. I miss having someone next to me every night when I slept.

I was laying bed looking up at nothing, my mind empty, when I heard the bus door open. Why would the guys be back so early? They just left an hour ago. “Austin? Are you here?” I heard a familiar voice call out in a raspy tone. It was Alan. It sounded like he had been crying. I got out of my bunk, and went to the lounge where he had just sat down on the couch. His face was red, blotchy, and tear stained. “Alan. What's wrong. You don’t look good.” I asked concerned. I sat down on the couch next to him.

“Stephanie broke up with me. Over the phone. She said thing weren’t working because I payed more attention to the band than I did to her. She said it was her or the band.” he cried. I wrapped my arms around him and let him cry into my chest. “It’ll be okay. She wanted you to drop something that’s helped you through a lot. You had every right to choose music.” I tried to console him. “I thought I loved her.” he sobbed. “If she won’t let you do what you love, she isn’t worth it.” I whispered in his ear.

His crying settled down after about five minutes. “I guess you’re right. She couldn’t have been that great if she made me choose her over music.” I sighed shakily. I still had him in my arms. It was nice. I felt like I could protect him from everything. “Thank you Austie.” he looked up at me when he smiled. I loved that nickname. It gave me butterflies every time he said it. “Anything for you ginger kitten.” I told him quietly. I felt his arms wrap around me, tighter than they were before. “We should do this more often. Just without all the crying and sadness.” he giggled.

I was sort of taken aback by his comment. Did he like cuddling with me. Because I’m not going to lie, I liked cuddling with him. “What do you mean we should do this more often. Do what more often?” I asked, to get reassurance. “Lay together in each others arms, and talk. Talk about anything and everything. Only us. No one else. We should do that more often.” he told me in a dreamful voice. “Then why don’t we?” I asked him. “I didn’t know that you liked it.” he mumbled. “I’d love to do this more often ginger princess. I miss spending time with you.” I replied.

“Since you like it so much, and because I don’t feel mentally stable, can I sleep with you in your bunk tonight?” he asked shyly, even in the dark light that we were in I could see his face turn a deep shade of red. “Sure. And since you’re sleeping in my bed, and it’s my rules, we have to go to bed now.” I laughed. He smiled, then detached himself from my grasped, and walked to my bunk. I watched as he walked. He looked perfect. How could I be saying that though. Alan is my best friend. I can think things like that about my best friend, can’t I? I thought I could. Maybe I shouldn’t be. Maybe I think of Alan as more than my best friend. Does he think of me the same way?