Epilogue - Chapter Twenty-One *FINAL CHAPTER*

Alan’s P.O.V.

3½ Years Later

“Baby? Babe. Austie.” I nuzzled my face in his neck, whilst I repeated his name. I knew that he was awake, but refused to wake up. “Come on baby. If you love me, you’ll wake up.” I coaxed him. He was reluctant, but his eyes opened. “Why is it that I need to wake up?” he asked groggily. “Because it’s Christmas Eve! You promised we’d watch stupid movies all day, and cuddle and stuff.” I smiled, and placed a kiss on his nose. “Well Ginger Princess, I think we should sleep in a little.” he yawned. “It’s already almost eleven. Come on! It’s cold, and need cuddles.” I whined.

The snow was already falling in thick sheets, and despite our heating, the house was still freezing. After we had been together for a year we decided to move somewhere that was away from everything. We settled on Michigan. We didn’t have any relatives or any friends out there, so it gave us time to focus on just us. Usually we spent winter in California with the guys, but Austin insisted on staying here this time. I was hesitant, because of how cold it could get, and I still wasn’t used to it, but I loved him and I couldn’t say no. “Do you really need cuddles, or do you want them?” he questioned. I sent him a quick glare, then rolled off the bed.

“Fine. I guess you don’t love me.” I over dramatically crossed my arms, and turned away from him. I was sitting on the floor, trying not to laugh. I had to keep composure if I wanted to keep using the guilt trip method. “Princess.” he fake whimpered. I stayed silent. I heard the bed shift, and eventually saw him join me on the floor.  “I love you.” he sing-songed, putting his face dangerously close to mine. “I love you too.” I grumbled, still trying not to smile. “You wanna go make some breakfast, and make out and stuff?” he asked me, with his face still centimeters away.

I couldn’t help it. This time I laughed. I hid my head in between my hands, and laughed. “I’ll take that as a yes.” he said to me. I felt one of his arms go under my legs, and another around my back. “Let’s go.” he smiled, and picked me up. “You’re an asshole sometimes.” I muttered. He ignored me, and continued to drag me into the kitchen. We passed our Christmas tree in the living room, and Austin almost knocked it over. It didn't quite top over, but he did manage to move it a few inches to the side. “Babe,” I scolded, “Watch out.” He waved me off, and continued recklessly making his way to the kitchen.

We finally made it without seriously injuring ourselves, or breaking anything valuable. He set me down on the counter, and searched the cabinets for pancake ingredients. He found almost everything he needed, but by the way he spent a little extra time in the fridge, I could tell he didn’t have something. I was right. “Alan, can you run to the store and get chocolate chips, and whip cream?” he asked me as politely as he could. I groaned in protest. “It’s Christmas Eve Austin! It’s snowing and I’m still in my pajamas.” I retorted. “But it’s Christmas Eve. The first one we’re spending alone. Please baby.” he begged. I looked into his eyes, and gave in. I couldn’t resist.

I found my nearest pair of shoes, and one of Austin’s jackets that was five times too big for me, but it gave me comfort and warmth, so I didn't care if it looked ridiculous. “I’ll be back in like 25 minutes. If I’m not back by then, come find me please!” I called to him, as I went out the door. The cold hit me like a brick. This shopping trip needed to be quick. I couldn’t last very long in the cold.