Used To Be Somebody

><Collin><

"Hell yeah!" I cheered, raising my arms high in the air. My rank improved to number four on Agar.io as I ate number six. I heard a beep-beep come from my computer and jumped. Was it a virus? Some level up on the game?

I switched to my other tab, a dating website I had signed up for the month or two before. Someone was asking me to message him. Josh R. His profile said that he was a music lover and had a dog named Bennie. He seemed like a nice person...but I'd already had several dates with people who turned out to be complete asses. Some who really just weren't worth the time, some just looking for a one night stand, and others who were nice enough but not...right. 

He had no profile picture, but his job description said he was a musician. That was enough to make me interested, I have to admit. I clicked accept chat and ate another bit of pizza.

JoshRInTheHouse
Hey, Collin. I'm Josh.

Collin-Cross-Heart
Hi, Josh. What's up?

JoshRInTheHouse
I'm just chilling with my friends. Eating pizza. What about you?

Collin-Cross-Heart
Same :D But no friends. I am a lonely little bugger.
I added a picture of an alien saying "I'm so lonely." Then, not wanting him to think I was a social recluse (which, let's be honest, I kind of was) I added, My roommate is out today. Not like...uh, I just mean she's out. I'm not suggesting anything. Just stating a fact.

JoshRInTheHouse
No friends. I can relate :p I always knew that I'd find my soulmate with pizza in my hand. Also not suggesting anything. 

Collin-Cross-Heart
Soulmate? Let's try a date first. Yeah, sure, you're totally not suggesting anything, Mr. Josh ;p

JoshRInTheHouse
You live in Van. right? 

Collin-Cross-Heart
Yeah whole life. #maplesyrupallday

JoshRInTheHouse
#ohmygodyas XD You ever go to Raymonds? Pizza place?

Collin-Cross-Heart
Of course. That's where I got the pizza from today. I SAW THIS GUY FROM ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS AND IT WAS AWESOME CANADA HAS THE BEST BANDS.

He didn't answer for a minute, maybe talking to some of his friends. Finally, he replied: What band? Yeah my friend got pizza from there too. Anyways we could get pizza there tomorrow, maybe around 5?

Collin-Cross-Heart
Sounds good! Maybe I saw him, maybe I didn't. You never know. Marianas Trench. You should listen to them sometime because I'm sorry but if you don't like them this won't work. Listen to Ever After. My fav.

JoshRInTheHouse
I love that band. The lead singer's pretty good looking, even from a guy's POV.
From any point of view, I had to think. Ever After's pretty good, too. You probably did see him, maybe you can meet him tomorrow. He's a great guy. 

I heard Meg (my room mate) pull up in the driveway. Gtg, I'll see you tomorrow. Can't wait! I typed quickly to Josh. 

JoshRInTheHouse
Bye!

"I got cookies!" Meg yelled, limping into the room. I gave a pointed look at her leg and she shrugged it off, leaning against the door frame. "I hit it on the table." 

"Again?" I sighed, Meg was a huge klutz. 

She nodded, chucking a sweet-smelling bag to me. I caught it (gravity nearly won, but not this time bitch) and took one. They were fresh from the bakery where Meg worked, gooey and crumbly. The chocolate melted in my mouth. "Good," I complimented. 

She nodded. I knew Meg worked in the kitchen, and her cookies were her pride and joy. She was a great chef, even if she never would admit it. Every year on my birthday Meg and I binged on her sweets, and lately just about every week (and/or day) when one of the dicks were, well, dicks. 

"They're undercooked, so I brought them home." 

"You were at work for three hours baking these and you won't sell them?" I marveled, "And they taste really good, honestly."

She just shook her head, "Alright then. Thanks, Collin." She saw my computer and blanched. "Is that a dating sight? Another one?"

"No..." I trailed out the "o". She gave me a look. "Okay, yes. I met a guy and he seems pretty cool."

She just sighed. "That's what you always say."