Chapter 17

...."Let's go home." He says....

We walk back to the hotel room and pack our things. Once we're done we go downstairs and straight towards the car since the receptionist was locked in the basement.

When we get to the car I feel sick. Not like I'm about to throw up, but like I know something is wrong.

"Ari, you okay?" Ethan asks.

"Yeah I'm good. My stomach just hurts." I say.

"Oh. Okay. Well we should be home soon." He says. I nod and he pulls out of the parking lot.

The ride was silent, besides the music that was playing. It was calming.

"So what are we gonna do when we get back?" I ask smiling.

"I don't know. Why so happy all of the sudden?" He asks laughing a bit.

"I don't know, just felt like lightening up the mood." I say.

He laughs a little bit but keeps his eyes on the road. He seems really off.

"Hey, you okay baby?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me okay? I'm okay." He says putting his hand on my thigh.

----------
We get back home and Ethan just falls onto his bed.

"You good?" I ask laughing

"Yeah. Just tired is all..." he says

"You sure. You seem upset."

"Yeah I'm okay. I promise." He says kissing my cheek.

"Okay. I'm gonna go get dressed."

"Okay."

I walk into my room and look for something else to change into. I find a flannel that goes down to my knees and some leggings and put them on.

I walk out of my room to get some food and I hear Ethan crying.

I peek my head into his room and he's sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

"Hey, what's wrong E?" I ask rubbing his back

"I'm sorry Ari. I really am, but it's for the best." He says.

"What are you talking about. What happened?"

"I...I had someone call the police on me. I told them to tell the officers everything. You deserve to live a life where you're not trapped. I want you to be free." He says.

"Ethan..." I say but he cuts me off

"I know it was stupid but I cant handle this guilt anymore. It wasn't even my idea to kidnap you."

"You didn't have to call the cops. Why couldn't you just let me go?"

"Because someone in your family would've anyways so why not just get it over with." And after he says that I hear sirens.

"No, Ethan please tell me you're lying. I want to be with you." I say, holding back my tears.

"I'm sorry Ari. I love you." He kisses me and pulls me into a hug. The officers run into the room and separate us.

"Ethan!" I scream.

"I love you Ari. Don't forget it." He says getting handcuffed and shoved into a cop car.

A police officer asks me a bunch of questions like "when did he take you" "are you okay" and stupid shit like that. I replied with short, simple answers. I'm too upset.

"Come with us miss, we'll take you home." The officer says.

"Is someone gonna get my stuff out of my room?"

"Yes we have officers getting your things right now."

I nod and just keep walking with my head down. I look at the car that Ethan is in and he's crying, I could see how hurt he was and it was hurting me 10x worse.

I get into the car and I see the officers loading my stuff into the trunk. They get into the car and I see the car Ethan is in take off.

"I love you too." I whisper...