Chapter 4

...
"Okay then?" I say to myself while walking to the car. I grab my things and go back to my room.

I look in my suitcases and it looks like Ethan knew what to pack. I have a bunch of outfits, shoes, makeup, blankets, bathroom necessities, my big stuffed bear, and my penny board. Also some pictures and posters to hang up on my wall. Damn...

I walk into his room and he's sitting on his bed on his phone. I sit next to him and just lay there.

"Can I help you?" He says laughing.

"Nah. Just wanted to lay here. Also I have a question." I say

"Ask away." He says

"Are we gonna be like, living here?" I ask.

"Yeah. I mean it has all we need. A kitchen, rooms, a tv, a washer and dryer, and bathrooms." He says

"Wait there's more than one bathroom?" I ask

"Yeah. I figured you wanted one all to yourself." He says.

"You must know girls pretty well then." I say playfully hitting him.

"You could say that." He says. "Well go unpack, I wanna take you somewhere."

"I look at him confused then walk back to my room and put everything where I want it to be. I decorate my bathroom kinda (just need a better shower curtain) and hang up my posters.

"Hey E?" I shout.

"Yeah?" He says

"How should I dress?" I ask

"Um...casual. Just like jeans and a t-shirt. We're leaving in about 30 mins." He says.

"Okay." I say and start getting ready.

I take a quick shower and do my makeup. I just put on mascara, some light eyeshadow, and do a winged liner. I put on some light washed jean shorts, a black crop top, a red flannel, and some black vans. I put my hair in a fishtail braid. (Outfit in media)

"Ethan you almost ready?" I ask knocking on his door.

"Yeah. You can come in." He says and I open the door. He's wearing a gray tank top, black shorts, and blue vans (pic in media). He looked really good tbh.

"I have another question." I say sitting on his bed

"Okay." He says fixing his hair.

"Why are you acting all nice all of a sudden. Like at first you kidnapped me and tied me to a chair and now you gave me my own room and are acting like my best friend."

"Well..." He says. "I honestly don't know. It's just something about you that I love and I don't want to hurt you in any way. I just want you to be happy. That's why I grabbed all of your stuff from your house so it kinda feels like you're at home."

"Why don't you just let me go?" I ask

"I want to be with you. That can't happen if I take you back." He says.

"Why not?"

"I feel like you'll hate me. Plus I'll most likely get locked up so we wouldn't see each other."

"Oh..." I say.

"Yeah. Well, you ready to go?" He asks.

"Yup. Where are we going." I ask.

"It's a surprise. Bring your penny board though." He says grabbing his skateboard.

I nod and go into my room to grab my board. I walk out and get into the car and we drive off.

"You can take a nap if you want. It's gonna be a pretty long drive." He says.

"I'm good. I'm not that tired surprisingly. I just wanna talk." I say

"Okay. What do you wanna talk about?" He asks.

(I'm just gonna put Ethan's words in bold and Ari's in the normal font. I don't feel like putting 'he said' or 'I said')

"So do you just stay out here? Or do you live with your family and you just took me out here?"

"Well... My parents died in a car accident when I was 10 so I don't live with them. Other family is out of state and my brother and sister went to college. So I just stay out here."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I've learned to live with it. I do miss them a lot but hey...there's a lot of things that happen that you can't control."

"You got that right."

"Haha. Well, any other questions?"

"Yeah. Will I ever get to see my friends and family again or no?"

"Well first, you didn't send that text to your friend did you?"

"How did you...oh...no. You took me right before I hit send. Where is my phone anyways?"

"It dropped and broke. I'll get you a new one though."

"You would do that?"

"Yeah why not. I mean you are a teen and we sure do love our phones."

"True true. Well can we get it today. I wanna let my friend know I'm okay. I'm just gonna say I fell asleep when I got home."

"Yeah. We'll go there first."

"Okay. Thanks."

Then we continue our drive.