11- Kindness

Paps walked to his room not saying another word. Sans was still looking at you waiting for an reaction. You looked down, not really at anything. You hated being the thing holding everyone back-

Even down here I'm just in everyone's way...

Part of you just wanted to give up. You didn't fear death, not anymore. However, the idea of dying... you didn't want that either. Even, through everything that has hurt you and your sister. You wanted to show people that kindness that you were never shown. You didn't want to die, somewhere deep inside you wanted to live, even if Hanna would never come back. You wanted an happy ending.

But could I really do that here?

You looked around the room and your eyes meet Sans.

No, they don't want me here...

Then Flowey's breathing slowed, you tore your eyes away from Sans and look at the gentle flower that had fallen asleep on you, leaning his head on your neck/hair.

No, I'm wrong. Flowey wants me here. He was so worried when he found me hurt. Maybe I could find another way to help everyone. Maybe it's cause noone has ever thought of being kind compared to hurting everyone to get what they want. Maybe... just maybe I can show everyone what that kindness can do the way I showed Toriel.

You are filled with kindness.

You smile at your thoughts and tried to change your way of thinking a bit. You decided to have a more positive outlook on things. Maybe Hanna's death wasn't the end but a new, different beginning.
Sans was now in front of you, making you jump back a little. You were so lost in thought that you didn't even noticed he moved.
"Hey kid, you are going to stay here in the meantime." You nodded. "Good, not like I was given you much choice." Sans turn and started up the steps, he stopped and looked at you one more time. He looked like he was trying to read you, but couldn't. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but pushed it down and continue to his room. You didn't even know where to start with trying to get Sans to trust you but you knew it's was going to start in the morning. You lay down carefully, not wanting to crush Flowey and fell asleep.

Sans POV

I just don't get (Y/N). Why didn't she leave Papyrus for dead but healed him when he was trying to kill her? She also defended me when Papyrus got mad at me for hurting her. Is she just that kind? Or just that stupid?

I slammed my hand against the wall. I couldn't figure out my next move.

Am I going soft?
...
Can I trust her? Can I trust a human, again?
Damn-it! I don't know what to do.
Even if I do trust her, who to say another monster wouldn't hurt her?
Ugh!

Sans knew he was at war with himself so, he decided to just watch over (Y/N). He hoped he could begin to trust you... and not regret it.