Prologue

guys// my dad decides to spontaneously write a book, please lemme know what you think :)) thanks xx

I am a killer. Not a murderer.

A jury of my peers and a Judge disagreed with me. That doesn't matter as much now as it did once. I have since accepted it.

Sitting in my cell, the days, weeks and years have passed in a blur and without the calendar counting down to my final walk to the gallows, I wouldn't know what day it was.

I look back on my life before all this happened and can't recognize the young carefree person who had my name, my face and my physical body. Apart from this, everything has changed. My soul is now shriveled, my brain wiped clean. Even clothes are now reduced to a couple of sets of dirty white jumpsuits.

If I had to do it all again, I would. Except for Gina of course. To be fair I couldn't anticipate her twisting her ankle on that particular day and she is my one regret. Everybody else got what they truly deserved and I will die knowing justice was served.

It would have been nice to get away with it - for a short time at least. I hated the efficiency of the police department who caught me almost as soon as I accomplished my goal. The quick trial and immediate sentencing didn't allow me the luxury of basking in my success.

I have been thinking of what my last words on this planet would be. Should I say goodbye to my family? There is no one left. Should I ask for peace and forgiveness? There is that. Instead I choose to explain all that happened and why. Not because I want to unburden myself of guilt and shame, but because I want you to know...

I am a killer. Not a murderer.