Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Peeta is the one who had the idea for the book. He suggested it a few days after the day he planted the primroses. The book was started by my father. He left it for me to recognize which plants were poisonous and which we're edible, along with some hunting tips. Peeta and I added to it after our first games and it makes perfect sense for us to continue it now that we're back together. The work starts out slowly at first. Him suggesting a piece, and then me. But it seems to be helpful to his memory and highjackings. I know it's helping me. "Here," Peeta says. He's just finished painting a picture the two of us on our Victory Tour from the first games. In the painting his arm is around my waist and I'm standing on tiptoe, whispering happily in his ear. "It's for the parts of the book before the quell," he says gently. I look closely at the picture. The expressions on our faces captures what can only be described as adoration. "We look so happy," I say. This is about the time when I start to feel guilty. At leasts that how I usually felt when I thought about how fake I was back then. But looking closely at the picture I don't feel guilty in the slightest. Because when I look at the picture I don't see myself as a faker, I see myself as a girl who didn't know how to give in to the feelings she'd always had. "It's perfect," I say softly. Maybe I have to learn to love again just as much as Peeta does.