I'll Always Run to You (Jet)

Today was the day.

The annual Race of Fairy Tail.

You knew that Jet was going to win, he won every time. But this year, you wanted to, at least, make it in the Top 3, up there with him.

BANG!

The shot fired and you were off. Yet you were forced back by Jet's speed.

"Show off!" You shouted, and you could've sworn that he turned around and blew you a kiss.

Without hesitation, you were back on your feet and jetting down the street. No way were you gonna let everyone show you up.

You may have been new to Fairy Tail, but you weren't new to a race. You loved running, day and night. And so you knew that you had a good chance to win.

Hours passed and you still hadn't caught up to Jet. The others were a few miles behind you, you could see the cloud of dust that they picked up.

"I have to catch up." You said to yourself.

That's when it hit you. "Duh! I am a space wizard." But you knew that flying was out of the question. "Well, I guess comet speed is what I need."

You summoned your power. "SPEED OF THE COMET!"

You were off! As fast as a comet, as fast as Jet.

Hours passed.

You had the scale and could see Jet a few yards ahead, and the rest of the crowd a few yards behind.

"I have to do this." You said.

All of a sudden, your foot caught a tree root, sending you falling.

"Ow!" You shouted.

Ahead of you Jet stop and turned around. He had a worried look on his face.

The rest of Fairy Tail was catching up and you saw Jets eyes dart to them.

"Go!" You shouted. "You can still win the race."

He smiled as the rest of the crown passed you, kicking up a cloud of dust.

There he was, above you, smiling down. JET!

He picked you up, bridal style, and ran. You guys finished the race, dead last. You guys would have to play the Penalty Game.

"Why?" You asked, looking up at Jet. "You could have left me. You could have won the race.'

He smiled and tilted your head up a little further. "I told you the day I asked you out. No matter where you are or what situation you are in, I'll always run to you."

He lifted you up and you smiled down at him. "I love you (y/n)"

"And I love you, Jet."

He kissed you as the crowed cheered. His words ranged through your mind.

I'll always run to you.