Chap. 13 - We Geek Out

I woke up the next morning to see that Sophia wasn't in her bedroll.

Leaning up on my elbow and looking around, I saw that she was propped up on a log, scrolling on an iPhone 5. Nico sat nearby, sharpening his blade while humming a strangely familiar tune under his breath. Leo was poking at the fire. Ren chewed at tin cans next to Nico. Percy was staring at the fire and Phillip was still asleep. Typical.

I crawled out of my bedroll and sat next to Sophia, staring at what she was scrolling on. Facebook.

"I thought we weren't supposed to use electronics," I reminded her, arching an eyebrow.

"No one has to know," she responded simply.

"You're gonna get us attacked," I insisted. "When the police investigate the survivors, I'll be like 'it was all because of Sophi's iPhone."

"Oh, hush," she replied, 'liking' a status from a Hunger Games fan page about the opening day of Catching Fire.

"You like the Hunger Games?" I mused, looking down her News Feed that was, indeed, full of it. And with a few selfies. She nodded simply in response, 'liking' a selfie that Leo posted.

That perked Leo up. He looked toward us, with a smirk. "You mean that fandom with the girl on fire? Katniss? This girl is on fireeeee.." He sang, willing a flame to dance around his fingertips.

"You got it," Sophia replied, 'liking' a photo of Gale. I moved on over to a different log after that, pulling out my own iPhone and sending her a friend request on my own Facebook.

"Accept. Accept. ACCEPT."

"Calm down, I'm accepting."

"Yus." I cheered to myself as I received the notification, smirking. "Hashtag selfie, anyone?" I announced.

"I will!" Leo replied, leaping to his feet with a grin.

"Then POSE." I demanded as we took a random selfie for Facebook.

I pulled up the 'Post Photo,' Leo and I exchanging smirks.

"Hashtag air!" 

"Hashtag leaves!" 

"Hashtag Leo!" 

"Hashtag brbquest!" 

"Hashtag extrememakeoveralert!" 

"Hashtag SELFIE!" 

"Hashtag sophialoves-"

The phone was knocked out of my hands, and Leo and I looked around to see Sophia glaring at us rather hard. "We shouldn't be using electronics, anyway," she muttered, scrolling on her phone again.

"Oh, sure," I smirked, fetching my phone and posting the selfie. "Sophia, you like Hunger Games. Do you know how to speak Muttation yet?" I grinned.

Sophia spun around, smirking. "It comes natural."

"Ooh, na vedui," I teased, imitating a damsel in distress and falling back, Leo catching me.

"You speak Elvish?" Nico said suddenly, looking up from sharpening his blade, his dark eyes trained on me.

I acted as surprised as my acting skills could get me. "Pedig edhellen?"

"Pedin edhellen." Nico stood, and we stared at each other for a long while, until we started to slowly approach each other dramatically.

"Gwestog?" I mused, looking directly into his eyes. 

"Aye," he replied. 

"Hir vuin.. tolo anin naur."