Chapter 1: Ho-oh

It was a warm summer afternoon in Kalos as Dusk trotted through a forest, he hasn't eaten for a while and decides to rest under a big tree for a moment.

Lightning was playing around in the grass when she spotted someone resting under a tree.

Dusk lets out a sigh of relief as he had been traveling for quite a while, until his stomach begins to growl taking him out of his peaceful thoughts.

Lightning heard the Pokémon's stomach growl and quickly ran off to pick a berry. She ran towards the Pokémon and offered it a half of an Oran berry.

Dusk looks up and sees a Pikachu offering him an Oran berry. "I-is that for me?," he asked the female Pikachu curiously.

"Yes" she answered to the Eevee in front of her.

Dusk gladly takes the berry from the Pikachu.  "Thank you," he says as he munches down into it, the savourous juices swirling in his mouth settling down his hunger.

"Your welcome" she said to the Eevee happily.

As he finished the berry he looked back at the Pikachu.  Her pink bow complimented her cheerful attitude well...I dare say she was cute......wait what!? He shook his head from his thoughts, how could I be thinking that?  I just met this girl?  I don't even know her name!!

Lightning looks at the Eevee and giggled.

"W-what's so funny?  Do I have berry juice on my mouth again," Dusk asked confused.

"No, you are just funny" She giggled.

Dusk managed to crack a smile.  "Well, thanks again for the berry miss," he said.

"Your welcome, the name is Lightning by the way" she spoke.

" Heh, that's a very nice name for you," Dusk told her with a smile.  "My name is Dusk".

"Nice name" Lightning winked.

"Heh, thank you," Dusk replied.  He gave her another glance lost in thought a bit.  It's so strange...she's just like Spike..

She cleared her throat a bit, "so how did you get your name?"

Dusk looked down.  "I'm not too sure myself...My mother gave it to me, but I never had the chance to ask her why before she passed away... Though, looking back at it...I think I could see why..." he said as he turned away from Lightning, hiding his face.

"Oh, that's so sad" she spoke sadly.

"Yeah..." Dusk replied sullenly.  He turned to her "What about you Lightning? How did you get your name?"

"I got my name because I am an electric type and my dad told me that I hatched by the first strike of lightning. My mother gave me the name when I was just a little Pichu before she was captured by a trainer" Lightning explained to Dusk.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that Lightning..." he said sadly. He placed a paw on Lightning's back.

"It's all right" she replied looking back at him. When they spotted a shadow flying past them up in the sky. It looked like a huge Legendary Pokémon but, it was hard to see.

Dusk looked up as well "huh?  Is that....is that a...?"

"Arceus, I hope that isn't Yveltal..." he said to Lightning.

"Me neither" she answered, "what do you think it was?"

"I-I don't know..." Dusk replied shaking in fear as well. "Maybe we should check it out."

"W-we should" Lightning trembled in fear.

Dusk recomposed himself and looked at Lightning.  "D-don't worry Lightning.  If anything happens, I'll keep you safe."